[HOW TO] Fix screen rotation

You should be able to adjust your display by opening the Zorin menu → Settings → Devices → Displays and clicking on the "Orientation" setting to change it correctly.

If this didn't fix the issue, the issue may be caused by your computer having a built-in orientation sensor that is sending incorrect signals, causing the screen to rotate.

After installing Zorin OS to your computer, please open the Terminal (Ctrl+Alt+T) and run the following command:
sudo apt remove iio-sensor-proxy

After running the command please reboot your computer to apply the fix.

3 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Screen rotation

Thanks a lot!
Works with Thomson NEO 360° 13” (build in rotation issue).

For newbie not familiar with Linux it’s really time consuming to understand what’s wrong and to fix that issue.
For basic people like me, it will be good to not have to use the Terminal to solve this kind of problem. It’s the kind of stuff that stop basic people to do the big jump (I was near to give up).

Keep going, your product is amazing!

1 Like

Hi,
i've a Tablett "Terra PAD 1162" with Zorin OS Ultimate 15.xx.
Everthing runs good on it, but my Screen is just wrong when my Softcover is on
and wrong when off.

So, it should be just the oposite mode.

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
Did you update to Zorin 16?
Is your issue remain with Zorin 16?
It will be interesting to have your feedback about it. :crossed_fingers:

For whatever reason, the rotation sensor isn't working on my fresh install of Zorin Pro 16 on my Lonovo x1 gen1 tablet. I'm glad to find an easy solution to enable manually changing screen rotation through display settings. It would be handy to have a "rotate screen 90° left" button on the drop menu for convenient toggle using the touchscreeen without a keyboard - right where the "lock screen rotation" button was when Zorin thought it was reading a rotation sensor, and also a keyboard shortcut for screen rotation by default.

1 Like

Here is a script someone wrote to rotate the screen. You can set up shortcuts on the desktop using this script so that it rotates right or left depending on which shortcut you hit.

A post was split to a new topic: Screen rotation Option missing Zorin OS 16

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Screen rotation Option missing Zorin OS 16

I had this "Orientation" option during a live session on pendrive Zorin-OS-16.1-Pro-64-bit, but after installing the option disappeared. I use the command in a Terminal xrandr -o right every time I log in, but it's a bit annoying. How can I fix it?

You can add the script/command to autostart, but it will not take effect until the desktop loads. You could try adding an entry to grub. There is a resolution option in grub, you may be able to add orientation as well. Something to research?!