[How-To] Install Bottles (wine/lutris alike)

Today i installed the application "Bottles", this one is also a windows application runner using wine and create it's own bottles.

I tested this one on Pop! OS 21.10 and needed to update some programs because i used the bottles .deb package.

1. Download and update/install libhandy-1-0_1.5.0-1

2. Download and update/install gir1.2-handy-1_1.5.0-1

3. Download and install the bottles application. If you select appimage you need to give the file permission to run it. I used the .deb package for this tutorial

4. Open the application, let it update and install the runners.

5. You see this screen, select create a new bottle

6. Now you see this screen, select the one you need. I chose gaming

7. I added the name Games (because i want to try it out), click next and wait a few moments.

It take some time...be patient.

8. Bottle is created

9. You see this screen now

1. We select the >
  2. Now we see alot of stuff to configure
  3. Select the second option, you see this.
  4. I am going to change it to this.

5. Now go to the programma's tab and hit the +
  6. Add a game exe file, in my case i select Horizon Chase Turbo
  7. Hit the play icon and the game fires up

*. If a game does not run, try to add some dependencies.

4 Likes

Tested bottles and i really love it, performance wise i think it's better then lutris.

1 Like

#UPDATE
Download links are not working for gir1.2-handy-1_1.5.0-1 libhandy-1-0_1.5.0-1

In 1 year of time alot have been changed.

And

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:
i am new to zorin or linux in general ..and i want to play my games which are few ,1st one is gwent from gog or steam and dragon age 2 which ,i followed your lutris and steams ,the gwent game is starting very well ,because before it did not even work but with your tuturiol it it did start but i am not sure how to update the game as it says the game version is not supported ..tried steam the same message ,do you recommend bottles overs steam and lutris ?

1 Like