I can't download lutris

ive tried every way of downloading lutris and nothing is working pls help

well that depends if from the software store it says this had unmet dependencies

Try the terminal: sudo apt --fix-broken install

If that doesn't download the dependencies, you could try in Synaptic (which tends to fix what can't be fixed from terminal).

sudo apt show lutris

Package: lutris

Version: 0.5.11+zorin1

Priority: optional

Section: games

Maintainer: Mathieu Comandon <strider@strycore.com>

Installed-Size: 3,067 kB

Depends: python3:any, python3-yaml, python3-lxml, python3-requests, python3-pil, python3-gi, python3-setproctitle, python3-magic, python3-distro, python3-dbus, gir1.2-gtk-3.0, gir1.2-webkit2-4.0, gir1.2-notify-0.7, psmisc, cabextract, unzip, p7zip, curl, fluid-soundfont-gs, x11-xserver-utils, mesa-utils

Recommends: python3-evdev, gvfs-backends, libwine-development, winetricks

Suggests: gamemode, gamescope

Download-Size: 1,020 kB

APT-Sources: http://ppa.launchpad.net/zorinos/apps/ubuntu focal/main amd64 Packages

Description: video game preservation platform
Lutris helps you install and play video games from all eras and from most gaming systems. By leveraging and combining existing emulators, engine re-implementations and compatibility layers, it gives you a central interface to launch all your games.

Just install all the "Depends" before-hand:
sudo apt install python3 python3-yaml python3-lxml python3-requests python3-pil python3-gi python3-setproctitle python3-magic python3-distro python3-dbus gir1.2-gtk-3.0 gir1.2-webkit2-4.0 gir1.2-notify-0.7 psmisc cabextract unzip p7zip curl fluid-soundfont-gs x11-xserver-utils mesa-utils

If you like, install the "Recommends":
sudo apt install python3-evdev gvfs-backends libwine-development winetricks

And perhaps the "Suggests":
sudo apt install gamemode gamescope

Then install Lutris:
sudo apt install lutris

i got this error in the terminal

Huh, they removed the 'universe' directory. Only 'main' is there, and what you're looking for isn't under 'f'.

http://185.125.190.39/ubuntu/pool/main/f/

You'll have to find another source for those packages.

https://lxml.de/installation.html

im lost what do i do?

Write down the packages that are failing to download, then search for an alternative download point by searching for the package names.

Alternatively, you could try contacting the person running the server at 185.125.190.39 and ask where you can get the packages that used to reside (and which are still pointed to via apt) on their server.

how do i know wich are missing

Why not download from the official lutris site ? Download the .deb package, double click on it and your done.

Some distro's are to slow to update lutris. The v0.5.13-beta1 version supports proton.

bruh it did not work this is the first thing I thought about

Use the provided list and append it to sudo apt install . If it's installed it will say it's up to date, otherwise it will install the missing packages.

step by step pls im really slow at this been a BloatOs user my whole life

Do this for each of the things I listed above, separately:

sudo apt install python3

sudo apt install python3-yaml

sudo apt install python3-lxml

.... etc., etc., etc...

For each one of those that errors out, you'll have to find some other place to download the package from... so let's say fluid-soundfont-gs errors out... you'd do a search on Google or Bing or Qwant or whatever for fluid-soundfont-gs until you find somewhere else to download it from (likely it'll be a .deb package that you'll download and manually install).

what are all the etcs

That just means do the same for the entire list I wrote out here:

Specifically for each of the "Depends" packages, but if you want the "Recommends" and "Suggests" packages, do those individually, as well.

I fell off my chair with this one.

yeah but honestly i am having trouble only with lutris like everything is working except lutris i just want to play assasin's creed like why does it have to be so confusing

1 Like

3.7 gb of ram just for windows

this is way too confusing kill me