I made core look like windows 11

Strongly seconded.

2 Likes

I watched some youtube videos and I got to know that linux is fully customizable like if you are just changing distro for the upper nav bar in left corner then you are probably unknown from linux customisation. So all I want is my buttons in the center so is it possible?

1 Like

You were transferred to the pre-existing topic of the same subject by a help of Moderator's Magic Wand (TM) :star2:

6 Likes

I assume that you want to make all of your taskbar buttons centered. If so, then right-click on your taskbar. Then go to Taskbar Settings > Position and then change all of the button's position as centered.

3 Likes

yeah it definitely is possible go to your taskbar settings and set left box, taskbar, centre box to monitor centre. monitor centre, not "centred" as it makes it look weird and ugly

2 Likes

Win 11 puts it in the center... zorin has it more traditionally placed. They both still have an app menu. How do you search for and launch all your apps... the Android like grid... terminal? You realize that grid was used by windows in 8. Not to many fancied the apps right there when you logged in.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot it's amazing! I am too happy.

4 Likes

but why you did it I already seen this topic and do you know I was having headache that if I will post in this it will be too much rush of posts and I want cleanness so that I opened new topic but still its ok no problem.

1 Like

It is far too confusing to have the same topic scattered across multiple threads.
Posting on a topic may invite a rush of responses. That is the Free Exchange Of Ideas that makes forums useful.

6 Likes

Windowsfx this os some W11 Linux?

1 Like

That can never happen. Even if one distro gets all greedy and becomes like Microsoft there is always be a foss alternative. That’s what I like about Linux is there will always be a choice. Don’t like a distro, switch. Its great!

2 Likes

what?

So who it was first from this twins? Linuxfx Windows11 or Windows11?

1 Like

Honestly, I do this too. At work I have windows so it makes it easier for muscle memory when switching between the two.

2 Likes

Out local co-ordinator of our city Linux User Group stated recently in a virtual meeting I attended "Without wishing to sound like a religious Zealot, Windows 11 was 'stolen' from Linux". At previous meetings I was informed that Linux has been stolen and used as far back as Windows 7. What you are seeing happen at Microsoft are two ex-Canonical (Ubuntu) employees, weaving Ubuntu/Gnome/KDE into the Windows OS. What is farcical is that Windows is copyrighted. I don't expect they will ever mention the GPL licence like Netgear used to indicate in respect of their Wireless dongles!

4 Likes

Ah, that's explain the slick look of Win11!
Thanks for this information.

I have been running Win 11 on the unsupported pre-EFI laptop just to see how long I could beat MS for its hardware checking :sunglasses:
I think I am a born hacker :crazy_face:

3 Likes

I should be a bit more clearer - the two ex-Canonical employees were responsible for the design of Windows 8 and the Charms bar - something akin to the hot corners that Pear Linux had. I do remember in some Linux forums that the Bootloader for Windows 7 was from Linux.

4 Likes

I did experiment with KDE and that has Windows 11 themes:
https://forum.zorin.com/uploads/default/original/2X/c/c02d66172c70bbb25d8a897945d52f0454d8b21c.jpeg

6 Likes

Way I look at it nothing has changed at M$! Bill is still up to his old games...he stole more than once before. I look forward to getting to know the Linux way much better so I can not be part of M$ foolery anymore.

2 Likes

Linux FX did the same with 10 after Win 10 - the downside, like Makulu Linux is that Linux FX is very Google-centric :face_vomiting:

1 Like