I'm encountering a strange problem in the ZorinOS software store?

I am encountering a strange problem when I try to install apps from ZorinOS software store. When I try to install applications from Flathub, the installation starts after 5-10 minutes. And whenever I start loading from the Flathub source the CPU goes into overdrive. Loading into ram.

1 Like

Please post the output of inxi -t cm while your computer is under stress.

I have the same problem....So far I have been ignoring this by not using any Flathub software...I would like to know the solution too.

2 Likes

Hi, something that helped me: I downloaded an app called Discovery, which is about the same as the Zorin Software Store. I downloaded it from the... ehr.... Zorin Software Store. It works much faster.

2 Likes

Discover is the KDE software store....All KDE apps are good and Discover is a good one too. GNOME should learn from them.

1 Like

You may want to install Synaptic and just use that. It's the first thing I did when I saw it wasn't preinstalled.

1 Like

I also agree about using Synaptic. It can solve some problems for you. See this post I made a few days ago.

2 Likes

The main problem I am having with the software store, is that it often errors out with the service device name error. And I have to keep, over and over and over, putting in the terminal command to reinstall gnome software. I don't understand why it keeps failing on me all the time, requiring that repair all the time, but it does.

And to add more salt to injury, after the latest big update that included the new kernel, its not listed in my GRUB menu, and so I am permanently stuck on kernel 5.11.41 right now. I have no idea how to fix it. Aravisian tried to help me but to no avail. So I got some problems over here thats for sure.

However, I am just trying to work around that right now, and get my games installed, and hope that I can get back into gaming, after not having played any games for like two months now.

Apparently, this is a problem that occurs in general. I think this is the main problems of Linux distributions. No matter how stable it is said to be prepared, it is not stable.

Processes:
CPU top: 5
1: cpu: 7.4% command: flatpak-system-helper pid: 74713
2: cpu: 4.4% command: gnome-software pid: 5473
3: cpu: 3.9% command: xorg pid: 3878
4: cpu: 3.8% command: gnome-shell pid: 4090
5: cpu: 1.2% command: packagekitd pid: 50471
System RAM: total: 3.74 GiB used: 2.91 GiB (77.9%)
Memory top: 5
1: mem: 620.2 MiB (16.2%) command: gnome-software pid: 5473
2: mem: 108.8 MiB (2.8%) command: gnome-shell pid: 4090
3: mem: 56.2 MiB (1.4%) command: xorg pid: 3878
4: mem: 52.5 MiB (1.3%) command: geary pid: 4378
5: mem: 45.1 MiB (1.1%) command: packagekitd pid: 50471

Thanks for posting the inxiresults. It doesn’t seem like the CPU or RAM are being stressed.

This sounds a lot like communication problems with the Flathub server.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.