Install a more updated Nvidia driver

I think reloading Gnome did the trick as I have no double images on my tool bar now only Dash To Panel ... so again thank you for all your help ... :+1:

But I do have another question ... what do you do when you lock up your screen ... how do you unlock it ... I know in Win you hit ctrl + alt + delete ... but what do you do in Zorin .... I locked up my screen 3 times today and had to turn off the power to get it to clear ...????

Oh good... I had loaded up a Gnome D.E. instance trying to replicate your issue. It will be a pleasure to kill that now.

Usually just jiggle the mouse or hit any key on the keyboard. The keyboard shortcut to lockscreen is ctrl+alt+L
If the Lockscreen is not showing a Login window if you tap a key or wiggle the mouse, you may need to start a new thread on "Zorin OS 16 Core not waking".

1 Like

Thank you sir ... I'll wait a bit before I do that as I've been to much in a hurry today and maybe just lock up a couple of apps as I had a few opened all at the same time ...

Well just shut off Dash-to-Panel ... I have no idea what the problem is but I have spent all day trying to solve problems with this extension ... make any changes to the screen settings or taskbar settings and it goes crazy ... and then my computer locks up and the only thing working is my cordless mouse ... and I have to shut down the computer with physically pushing the power button ... when it fires back up all is OK and normal ... for awhile until I start getting the double icons in the task bar again or make any changes in the screen or taskbar settings ... WEIRD ... oh well shutting down for today I'm bushed ... LOL ...

StarTrecker and Aravisian have helped all they could and I thought we had the problem licked but it came back to haunt me ... thank you gentlemen ...

1 Like

I used to use Cairo-dock.
There is also Plank.

Maybe what you need is a Tried and True actual dock instead of an extension.

1 Like

Yeah, I helped you as much as I could, eventually we reached a brick wall with things. And to add to that, I was super tired, been up all day, and needed sleep ASAP, I had to go to bed. So I refereed you to anybody else who could help.

Truth is, this problem is no easy solution, and with the double icons deal, going on, IDK, your OS seems to be doing crazy things over there. Hopefully your drive is passing SMART scans with no bad sectors.

But for now, maybe Aravisians suggestion might be the best one for you. Aravisian knows how to install a different dock, and he knows how to remove what you have now from the system.

As far as extensions are concerned, if you no longer want to use an extension, all you have to do is turn it off, so as far as that is, thats easy! Aravisian, which dock do you recommend best for him? Which one do you think is the best?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Marked solution. 114