Install Macrium Reflect to load .MRBAK files on EHDD created on WinPC

Thank you for your help .... I don't want any windoze ■■■■ on my computer either that's why I posted that picture .... I'll give ventoy a try ... I'm dual booted with win but I only open it when it is an emergency .... you've been a big help ... off to find ventoy ....

1 Like

Rufus = M$

Popsicle , Ventoy= Linux

2 Likes

Thank you Bubby that explains it as to why it ain't on Synaptic then .... LOL ... I'm gonna give ventoy a shot or at least look at it to see if I can understand how to use it .... :rofl:

Well I'm back .... PLEASE don't ban me from the board but I had to go back and set up rufus on Win .... :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: .... I'm so ashamed and it took forever as I had forgot a lot of how to do stuff over there .... but here is the good news ... ta da ....

Sorry dasjdoom .... that Ventoy was to difficult for me to grasp this late in the day ... maybe some other time ....

2 Likes

Note: You can get Unetbootin for Linux as well as Windows.

2 Likes

Welcome to the Club:

1 Like

Like I said I must be the exception .... even my Zorin 16 Pro live disk is done on Etcher .... but as I don't intend to format that flash drive again for many moons we'll see what happens then .... LOL

Not everyone who uses Etcher has issues. Most probably don't.
But for those that do, it is notable.

2 Likes

Yes I was kinda curious as the Zorin's still show Etcher as the means to install their OS and I would think that if the majority of people have trouble with their thumb drives crashing they would have chosen something else .... but that is just my thoughts .... LOL

Here on the forum... The opinions are honestly expressed about BalenaEtcher.
Yet, the Zorin Webpage promotes it.
This causes confusion from members who join - and even some consternation as they question who to trust and why even moderators of the Zorin Forum would oppose the recommendation of the Webpage.

If it was just a matter of preference... I think users here would not.
Sadly, conscience applies. I cannot, personally, neglect to warn users of BalenaEtcher.

3 Likes

And I also have to voice my opinion for my lost 2 USBs :sob:

2 Likes

Just for you FrenchPress .... LOL .... see my new multi colored 16GB Sandisk Cruse Blade thumb drives .... a box behind with more of the same and a bunch of various size 8-64GB thumb drives .... the two bigger drives are WD Passport 1TB USB drives ... the smaller of the 2 (the black one) is the newest one and houses the D/: to my Win OS so they are getting smaller .... unfortunately it is full but the red one still has 680GB free so I'm going to save my Zorin back-ups to it using your favorite zilla app (can't remember which one I downloaded .... installed and tested)
old-timers disease you know .... LOL ....

Anyway going to save a copy now as I have a problem with the way my partitions are setup and can't get it straighten out and before I wipe it out entirely I want a back up copy of my OS and all the settings .... LOL

2 Likes

Here is the finished product OMG it is so nice to have a talented wife .... I wanted to use those old jewelry tags you know the white ones with the little string tied to them but she said no way we can make them ourselves ... (she meant herself) so she did and she put peel off labels on them so we don't have to ever change the tags ....

2 Likes

@FrenchPress you have created a USB monster on the other side of the planet.. I can see his collection in the future

4 Likes

The tags are brilliant and I think I will steal that idea.

3 Likes

OK gonna live you guys for a while as I'm gonna copy my Disk using rescuezilla so you folks play nice while I'm gone .... LOL

1 Like

Really?? common Frog. :joy:

If you can find it, that is :grin:

3 Likes

100% successful .... only took about 10 mins to back-up the entire drive all 31GB's of it .... LOL .... thanks for recommending Rescuezilla ....

1 Like

Frog, your learning to be with the tough guys now.

And now for the second test ; Restore.
If you know how to it, you will have no problems whenever you mess up.

3 Likes

I ain't read that part yet .... LOL

3 Likes