Installation Errors!

Thanks for the links. I installed and verified as explained and it seems sha265 checksum identical.

Here is for the downloaded file:
69E1BE7E078C401E7991FFF2E8A5F854ED04EBABA7A1B98A74D552644AA9F523

And here is from Zorin website:
69e1be7e078c401e7991fff2e8a5f854ed04ebaba7a1b98a74d552644aa9f523

It is exactly the same, but only letters are small, not capita which I don't think it makes difference.

1 Like

My BIOS is already set to Legacy boot.

Also, Wake on LAN should be "Follow Boot Order"

1 Like

Did you try this during the boot?

I wanted to try Linux for the first time in my life with the Zorin OS 16 but it was problematic experience from the start.

I think I gave it enough troubleshooting time so maybe it is time to just give up and go back to Windows 11.

FrenchPress thanks for trying to help but I do not know what you are talking about!

You can press "e" key to get to the grub and edit the boot parameter as in direction. This is supposed to solve your graphics problem.

Thanks for everyone for trying to help but I do not think all this time in troubleshooting is worth it to just try Zorin so I need to end this now. I might come back again in the future when Zorin 17 or v18 when it is solid and easy to install just like Windows, smoothly and without any problems

Thanks again for your efforts and good night.

OK I will try one last time, just for you. So when I should press e?

I think @Aravisian can give you a better instruction than myself.
He is on the other thread right now.

In the Grub Menu, you may see an option listed at the bottom to tap the e key to enter the grub editor. Check that you see that there.
Tap e.
In the wall of text you see... Look for "quiet splash" or "ro quiet splash"
When you find it, arrow key to within the " marks and replace quiet splash with ro pnpacpi=off so that it looks like "ro pnpacpi=off" on your screen.
Back out of the Grub Editor and try booting normally.

It is quite stable, however that particular computer was designed and built specifically for a Tablet Edition Windows Operating System. There is not a lot anyone can do in such a situation.

1 Like

I found a graphic explanation at OMG Ubuntu :slight_smile:

1 Like

While I was looking for the hardware compatibility info, I hit this page:
https://ubuntu.com/certified/laptops

I f someone ask about Ubuntu (=Zorin) compatible laptop, we could refer this page,

1 Like

We understand your frustration and are attempting to help you in every way possible. Ultimately it will be you who solved this, though maybe by following directions from here or another site.

During this difficulty please remember that we are trying to help you, volunteers on a forum not paid tech support. We neither have to help nor have your hardware to attempt to duplicate the problem in order to find the solution. Though volunteers may present assistance that doesn't work they are trying to be helpful... most understanding your frustration because they have experienced the same. Please do not focus your frustration on the members of the forum. That is one way to ensure you will not resolve your issue with any help here.

3 Likes

Maybe the problem is sometimes Zorin have problem when installing with online internet and cannot install Zorin.
We focus particaly on one problem with many possibilites. We don't know what user trying alone. Many people trying deeping to searchingg a resolve the problem. We tried help focus our knowledge. Maybe older bios have this function and newer bios don't have that. Sometimes for some installation need deep research on internet to find correct question - like @337harvey sayed we are volunteers. Besides the user know what he have a laptop on a table and this is many type models with diffrents bios and gpu. You can also go to Discord channel Zorin. They are more people maybe there you can find a answear on your model laptop.

2 Likes

Sorry .. what is the Grub Menu?

When did I focus my frustration on the members of this forum??!!!

The grub menu is the menu you first see when booting up Zorin OS. On the LiveUSB, you will see "Try Zorin" and "Install Zorin"...
Once installed, the grub menu will list which operating systems you have and offer a selection of which to boot up
zorin-boot-grub-menu

2 Likes

The exclamations in responses stating you posted something, tried and didn't succeed or don't understand / couldn't find what was suggested can be taken as exasperation/yelling.

If this wasn't your intent, i can understand, but being that their is no body language or vocal inflection in which to judge your mood or meaning, it is on the user to interpret... which can go almost any direction. This forum includes the ability to use markdown formatting, include pictures and emojis to reduce the misunderstanding.

2 Likes

When you put your pendrive to usb port and start operating sustem you catch a screen what post @Aravisian that is menu boot grub then under you see big alphabet "E" - when you click then you are in grub. After installation if grub is not changed the grub menu standard after installation not showing - second are 0 and menu is hidden.

1 Like