Installer crashes

Yes, I think this is related to the Hardware of that particular machine.
I just looked up the detailed specs on Innjoo Leapbook A100...
And found that some of them use eMMC drive.

Can you please enter the BIOS Settings on the machine (Motherboard settings, not related to the Operating System) and ensure that you are set to RAID and not AHCI?
You may need to look up a Manufacturer specific guide on your BIOS to find the full procedure.

not much to do in the bios

Is this a tablet PC?

Its a pc with Win10 64bit home edition

But it has no fan

Do I need to format the pc? Like to a particular file system?

Reformatting the drive generally occurs during the installation. There are cases where formatting prior to installation can help - but I see no reason to think that this is one.
I believe that it is the design of the Notebook - I cannot find definitive information that it is a Tablet PC, however it is among the first of notebooks to be introduced by a company that makes Phones and Tablets.
It has a small 32gig eMMC drive and eMMC requires special treatment to work with Linux at all.
Windows 10 would struggle heavily on 32gig drive with such low RAM, too - Which leads me to believe that the version of Win 10 on that machine is Windows Tablet Edition, just renamed to look heavier than it really is. (Sales and marketing...)

Many of these "Ultra-lite" notebooks require a 32bit EFI bootloader, even though they are 64 bit Processor.
And Atom Processors have been known to be problematic (Bay Trail and Apollo Lake) due to Intels struggles to properly and fully support the integrated design - The Linux kernel has been able to cover for it since about Ubuntu 16.04 (Bionic).

Some Linux OS's and Distros come with the 32bit EFI loader built in. If you can find a Working Distro that will install, like Lubuntu; then one option would be to Install with that. Get it up and running, then install Zorin alongside of it. Once that is complete, re-partition the drive to remove the other Distros partition and reformat it, then expand the Zorin OS partition into that space (You couldn't leave both as with a 32gig drive, you would run out of space quickly.)
Once Zorin occupies the entire drive, then rebuild grub with a couple of terminal commands.
If you would like to go that route we can try that - once you get to the point of installing Zorin OS alongside (Minimal Install Only), we would need to start taking it a step at a time in this thread to make sure you have no major problems.

Thanks so much, I'll take that route, I'm creating a bootable Lubuntu right now

Done installing Lubuntu. What do I do next?

You can then try booting from the Zorin Lite LiveUSB and select Try Zorin Lite - then select the installer from within the trial copy. As the installer runs through its steps, you should see the option to select "Install Zorin Alongside of Lubuntu." Select that. I recommend the Minimal install due to the 32gig drive.
This is the real test - to see if that successfully configures after Lubuntu set stage...

If it does, you will then want to boot into Zorin and test that things are working. You may have no sound (Atom Processor issue). But as long as most things are working - you can open Gparted and then:

• Select the Lubuntu Install by clicking the line it is on.
  • Select Delete Partition by clicking the (-) icon on the toolbar beneath that window.
  • Select to add that partition with the (+) and then format it to ext4.
  • Click apply. Then click the line with Zorin on it and right click it- Select Resize / Move. Use the slider to take up all available remaining space fromt he recently formatted partition.

Now you must rebuild grub without rebooting.

sudo update-initramfs

sudo update-grub

Then, reboot with all your fingers and toes crossed.

Here is a solution for such systems:

The script is called 'isorespin.sh' and works with all official desktop 64-bit Ubuntu (http://releases.ubuntu.com) and Ubuntu flavoured ISOs (https://www.ubuntu.com/download/ubuntu-flavours), Linux Mint ISOs (Download Linux Mint 21.2 - Linux Mint), KDE neon ISOs (KDE neon), elementary OS ISOs (https://elementary.io), Peppermint OS (https://peppermintos.com/) and BackBox Linux (https://backbox.org/). And whilst Kali is not directly supported the Kali Metapackages (kali-meta | Kali Linux Tools) can be added when respinning an ISO.

Download isorespin.sh script from the above page and run it to convert installer to work with 32bit EFI + 64bit CPU. Unfotunately, Zorin is not included in the supported list of Linux.

1 Like

Rock on- that is a good bit of information. If we cannot help get Zorin OS installed in the above manner, this may give more options or at the very least, help the O.P. find a Distro that will work well on the notebook.

From my experience with a similarly specked Intel Compute stick, Peppermint OS was the about the only one that worked at a reasonable speed.

That is a very interesting information. I did not know it.

Same error as before. The PC makes me sick!

Is peppermint os not based on ubuntu?? It'll probably not work too

Unmodified installer will NOT work for sure.
You need to convert the installer using isorespin.sh

1 Like

I wonder if you could convert your Lubuntu installation into a form of Zorin OS by installing the Zorin Desktop, themes and applications...
It would be a bit of work, though.

Okay? I'll go with this. Theming Lubuntu is confusing, if I can get pointers I'll be glad

Can I do that on windows??

You can do it on your current working install of Lubuntu.

You wouldn't need to theme Lubuntu since you would be theming Zorin Desktop with Zorin Themes by installing the Zorin Desktop but... Real Quickly...
Which build (version) of Lubuntu is it?
Lubuntu 18.04?