Installing HPLIP

What distro are we supposed to select? Zorin is not listed in the HPLIP setup. Do we select Ubuntu 18.04?

Correct.

1 Like

Did not work, and now I've lost the ability to print. On a print job Zorin OS returns message "Printer Stopped."

Can you try Aravisian's suggestion and let us know if it works? Upgrading hplip in Zorin OS for Scanner - #2 by Aravisian

error: 'make' command failed with status code 2

Above is output after autoremove of old version, then following yours and HP's instructions above for installation of hplip-3.21.2.run

Can print now, but Simple Scan cannot see the printer, and gscan2pdf does not open. This all happened after a Zorin base update a few weeks ago. Afterwards I lost scanning ability, then printing.

Can you read through here:

The user states he needed to first remove all the existing installation, then run the command from home terminal.

And while helping another user about the HPLIP stuff, I personally discovered, that terminal was incompetent at installing the GUI portion.

I since learned it was just easier to install everything HPLIP, from Synaptic Package Manager. So once your ready for the installation process, I recomend using that.