Is my laptop Asus Gaming TUF A17, FA706II-H7097 compatible with Zorin

This is my specs.
Notebook Asus Gaming TUF A17, FA706II-H7097,
17.3" FHD IPS 120Hz, AMD Ryzen 7 4800H up to
4.2GHz, 16GB DDR4, 512GB NVMe SSD + 1TB
HDD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX1650Ti 4GB,

I have it installed on OpenSuse with fully compatible devices, but I don’t like using OpenSuse as it is not very user friendly (or I don’t know how to set it up fully) hence I would like something more friendly based on Ubuntu which I used in the past, but present Ubuntu didnt support properly my new 2020 laptop

Hi robmano, and welcome to the Zorin forum! I did post in another thread but see you started a new one which is the correct thing to do. My advice (as Zorin have always advised) would be to download the .iso from here:

Create bootable media and do some extensive testing in 'Try Zorin without installing' i.e., Live Mode - to ensure you are happy such as your Fn keys work and touchpad works as it should. Only then look at installing. :wink:

You may want to browse the unofficial manual for Core:

1 Like

thanks, sounds good to me, hopefully it will work. will do that

No luck, I cant use two monitors, HDMI 4k output is not working. Otherwise Zorin works fast and beautifly just from ordinary USB

I think StarTreker is the 4k expert on here. :wink:

1 Like

would be great if Zorin supports 4k hdmi
somehow

Hello. I will buy a TUF next few days (same model as your). Did you made Zorin work correctly on your? I want to use it “normally”…no 2 monitors…just regular use…thks

A post was split to a new topic: Switched to Pop!_OS