Issues related to Gaming in zorin os 16.2

Hey guys . So i wanted game mode but the command they provided on the forum does not work.

Second : when i use wine and play some old games which requires to change screen resolution to a smaller resolution. Game works fine but sometimes flickr ( light black ) and when i exit the game . The resolution does not change to the same old one .

Third in games like Minecraft there is a serious fps drop.

Specs : Intel i3 10th generation , 4 gb ram
256 gb SSD and fresh installed zorin os 16.2
Thank u

Regards Adit.

1 Like

That aren't much horsepower there. What about your video card?

sudo apt install inxi
inxi -G
3 Likes

Don't use wine but use Lutris instead. Tutorial here

2 Likes

after running both command i got
Graphics:
Device-1: Intel UHD Graphics driver: i915 v: kernel
Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.20.13 driver: i915 resolution: 1920x1080~60Hz
OpenGL: renderer: Mesa Intel UHD Graphics (CML GT2) v: 4.6 Mesa 21.2.6

i have heard about lustris and i will try it out today

Not a gamer card :slight_smile: , so don't expect miracles :slight_smile:

4 gb ram

I would recommend Zorin OS lite version as Gnome run best with 8 GB.

1 Like

you should upgrade your ram
well I have i3 8th gen 12gb ram 512gb ssd
and facing the same problem
getting 40 fps in krunker.io
whereas in windows I get 60 fps stable

Edit: I've Integrated 620 UHD
Mesa Driver

1 Like

Well turn off fractional scaling, it worked for me and I'm getting 200 fps

1 Like

How to do that ?

Well i tried zonrin os on my coding laptop with Intel i3 10th gen and 12 gb ram and zorin os core it happened the same like the games which give good fps on windows just gives nothing on zorin , i did in last year , some expectations are my old Sony laptop with is low end and games which windows gives low fps there zorin os lite gave me execptonly higher fps not one or two more but littlery 20 to 30 fps extra .

settings > displays > Fractional Scaling > Turn it off
After this I got more fps than I get in Windows

2 Likes

You would really need a proper GPU to boost your gaming performance - especially something like Minecraft as onboard running at HD 1920x1080~60Hz will be performance heavy regardless of the OS.

As the other person said, suggest Zorin Lite for your older machines as Core and Pro are more for up to the latest system machines.

I'd recommend machines running older than 10 years plus use Lite (and even then its not to say that any Distro of Linux will run properly based on the old hardware).

This is also a known bug from what I have picked up on the forums as mentioned above: Issues related to Gaming in zorin os 16.2 - #11 by DeadstarIII

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.