Its October! No Zorin OS LITE! Jeff's Not Happy!

My bet as I have said before; Late December. 24th/25th
Let see if I double my money on that bet :smiley:

2 Likes

Geez, Storm went way past Thanksgiving (Nov. 25th) even... Oh wait, that's an American thing.

I hope you are way off, meaning closer rather then later.. I don't think I could wait thaaaaaaat long. I know I can't.

If you want to start throwing money around, best way to do that IMO, is to buy a fresh brand new SSD drive specifically for LITE. Thats what I am doing, I ordered a WD-SN750 1TB Black NVME M.2 2280 SSD, I am going to put LITE on it once it finally releases.

:grin:

1 Like

I'm drained for my last penny/øre after my move to new apartment. :stuck_out_tongue:
So no new gadget for me and not to the prices today, I'll wait when the market is floated (sp?) again.

3 Likes

When the tech shortage amped up this year, costs on the same drive I mentioned, went up to like 200 dollars, basically the same cost you can get the 2TB ones now. It took many months this year, and they finally came down to 120.

FYI, 120 for a 1TB NVME drive is just about right. Yeah I know, you can get SATA SSD's for cheaper, but they are considerably slower, so you do get what you pay for. If your board can accept an NVME drive, I suggest people use it, if of course, they can afford to buy one that is.

StarTreker, send Storm your old hard drive....lol
Has anyone tried the hybrid hard drives? I was curious on how they performed, longevity and such.

I should clarify, the NVME drive is not replacing another drive. I have 2 NVME slots on the notebooks motherboard, 1 slot is populated, the 2nd slot is not. I am simply adding additional storage, and will have LITE put on it once released.

Well, on the positive side, Storm lives in a nice place now I think, so at least that is a nice thing.

As far as hybrid drives, there really not that popular. The whole point of them is for cost reduction, as in, costs you less to buy them. But from what I've heard, there is no real considerably performance increase that most people will notice, with a hybrid drive.

Its better to go full SSD

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.