Left and Right click mouse button not working

Try using the live environment USB to try and check does it work.

2 Likes

Whilst running the Live USB, go into Mouse & Touchpad Settings and use "Test Settings" at top right corner. Tell us the result.

Also. Does anything happen if you unplug then reconnect the Mouse?

1 Like

Hi, the mouse work completely fine on the live USB. And yes, unplugging and plugging the mouse back in make it work again. If I just use the keyboard to reboot into either windows or the BIOS, the problem even sticks through that!

Logitech M110 Silent Corded Mouse i am a hungry try this a mouse. Will be working? I bet will be good for Zorin. I mean model m110

Scroll down the page you posted a link:

Required: available USB port
WindowsÂź 7, 8, 10 or later
macOS 10.5 or later
LinuxÂź Kernel 2.6+

We are using 5.11 kernel. So it should be compatible.

2 Likes

bump.

1 Like

Are we not deviating somewhat. The OP has a Glorious mouse not a Logitech M110.

I will state this again. The problem is NOT with the mouse. Zorin is causing something. It may be something I've installed. Who knows. It works fine before login so it must be something the starts when I log in the causes this. I use imwheel to change my mouse scroll speed, but that is not causing the issue. I checked by disabling it in my startup applications and the problem was still occuring.
The weird thing is after this problem occurs, rebooting into Windows or my BIOS still causes the buttons on the mouse to not work correctly. Maybe Zorin is sending some signal to the mouse that causes it to not detect clicks until it is reset (unplugged then plugged back in)?
Really need some help with this.

Fazzi

Did you check it with other Linux distro?
If it is really the hardware compatibility issue, there is not much we can do about it here.

1 Like

It works on the Live USB, it is a problem with something on my system but I don't know what it is and I need to find out

Then the only thing I can think of is that somehow your installation is not complete or is broken.

1 Like

This only begun happening 2 days ago, maybe there is some way to trace back to something I installed that could be causing this? Do Nvidia drivers have anything to do with it? I saw in the xorg.conf some things relating to input devices like mice and keyboards.

You could disable NVidia driver temporary and test it with default Nouveau to see if it make any difference.

1 Like

Ok that is not the problem then. Maybe it's a problem with the desktop environment? Because before log in it works completely fine. Maybe there's something with that? How can I refresh the zorin desktop to start new with it?

Is this what you are thinking of?
https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/refresh-linux-desktop-without-rebooting/

1 Like

I understand your frustration and that is no low-end mouse.
However, the quoted portion above concerns me. It would be very helpful if you double or even triple check this event to see if coincidence or perception error is at play... Because this:
"Maybe Zorin is sending some signal to the mouse that causes it to not detect clicks until it is reset (unplugged then plugged back in)?"
Is physically impossible. Again, I certainly understand how it may seem possible given that a behavior persists across Linux and Windows; but it truly is Not Possible.

If the mouse is repeating this behavior in Windows after you used Zorin, Zorin still cannot have any lasting effect on the mouse, the drivers or on Windows.
You also state it is doing it in BIOS - during a time when nothing on Zorin OS could have been initiated. Nothing in Windows could be initiated - at that point, you are operating on the Base Motherboard Programming only.

It's the mouse.

No, the mouse works completely fine in bios and windows. It only stops working if I boot and log in to zorin FIRST and then use my keyboard to boot into BIOS or Windows. Then it still doesn't work, and a replug is required for the mouse to work again. I know for a fact something on my zorin is causing this.

And I know for a fact that is impossible and I just explained clearly above why.

Again, I understand your frustration and how you may percieve the issue, given your experience. But nothing in Zorin OS can, in any way whatsoever, change the Drivers in Windows or In BIOS in using a peripheral device. The Linux kernel is not running during BIOS. It is not Running when you are on Windows.
Glorious OS Mouse does not have Any Onboard memory. All settings, configurations etc are stored on the computer.

The only thing I can think of that may affect your mouse after using Zorin OS is if there is a fault in the USB port itself that is being made apparent by Zorin OS bus running the port differently. That is a stretch (A big one) but within the realm of physical possibility.
You can test this by moving the mouse to a different port and leaving it there, then testing going from OS to OS to see if the mouse behavior corrects. If not...

It's the mouse.:expressionless: I am sorry, but physics is physics.

@Fazzi You can try a fresh reinstallation of Zorin Os 16 or 15 if your on lite.

I know I can do that, that will most likely fix it, but I don't want to reset. There must be some way!