Lenovo Legion

Hey everyone! I have a legion 5 15ach6 with a ryzen 7 and a 3050ti. If you have this or other legion you know there are some hardware issues out of the box with Linux. I had issues with the WiFi card and the screen brightness with Zorin (and before that Kubuntu). I managed to fix these but it’s not the most ideal solution as it pretty much prevents me from using hybrid mode and secure boot. I thought I’d make a thread for all the legion owners so we can all help each other with our hardware issues to make Zorin run perfectly on our systems!

1 Like

This setting should be turned off if you use linux, infact if i keep this enabled my pop os live wont even boot.

Secure boot is a ■■■■ setting anyway designed for Microsoft (designed for signed bootloaders aka Microsoft dominating the market)

1 Like

Thank you I’m aware. Actually with Zorin secure boot does work as it did keep that over from Ubuntu. The issue with the WiFi driver is that since it’s not part of the kernel it is not signed. My system is a duel boot however so with my windows system Id like to have it to help protect from root kits if I can. As I favor Zorin over windows it’s not crucial as I don’t expose the windows boot to a lot, only use it for work related tasks and some games that anti cheat prevents them from running on Linux.

2 Likes

Hi, I have the same thing with my Lenovo wifi adapter and screen brightness. Could you tell me how you fixed it? @Leviathan13186

Can you open the terminal and write lspci and post the output here.

yes, this is what i got:

00:00.0 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Renoir Root Complex
00:00.2 IOMMU: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Renoir IOMMU
00:01.0 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Renoir PCIe Dummy Host Bridge
00:01.1 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Renoir PCIe GPP Bridge
00:01.2 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Renoir PCIe GPP Bridge
00:02.0 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Renoir PCIe Dummy Host Bridge
00:02.1 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Renoir PCIe GPP Bridge
00:02.2 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Renoir PCIe GPP Bridge
00:08.0 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Renoir PCIe Dummy Host Bridge
00:08.1 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Renoir Internal PCIe GPP Bridge to Bus
00:08.2 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Renoir Internal PCIe GPP Bridge to Bus
00:14.0 SMBus: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] FCH SMBus Controller (rev 51)
00:14.3 ISA bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] FCH LPC Bridge (rev 51)
00:18.0 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Device 166a
00:18.1 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Device 166b
00:18.2 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Device 166c
00:18.3 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Device 166d
00:18.4 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Device 166e
00:18.5 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Device 166f
00:18.6 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Device 1670
00:18.7 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Device 1671
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation Device 2560 (rev a1)
01:00.1 Audio device: NVIDIA Corporation Device 228e (rev a1)
02:00.0 Non-Volatile memory controller: SK hynix Device 174a
03:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 15)
04:00.0 Network controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. Device 8852
05:00.0 Non-Essential Instrumentation [1300]: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Zeppelin/Raven/Raven2 PCIe Dummy Function (rev c5)
05:00.2 Encryption controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Family 17h (Models 10h-1fh) Platform Security Processor
05:00.3 USB controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Renoir USB 3.1
05:00.4 USB controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Renoir USB 3.1
05:00.5 Multimedia controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Raven/Raven2/FireFlight/Renoir Audio Processor (rev 01)
05:00.6 Audio device: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Family 17h (Models 10h-1fh) HD Audio Controller
06:00.0 SATA controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] FCH SATA Controller [AHCI mode] (rev 81)
06:00.1 SATA controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] FCH SATA Controller [AHCI mode] (rev 81)

1 Like

Try this :smiley:

sudo apt-get install r8168-dkms
sudo modprobe r8168
dmesg | egrep -i 'eth|net|r816'
ifconfig -a

It didn't work. I tried running the commands one by one and then rebooted to see if the wifi settings showed anything but its still says adapter was not found. I also still haven't found a solution to my screen brightness issue. Do you know of anything else I could try?

I am digging a bit more and i need @Aravisian to confirm this. Can he install this driver ?

https://www.reddit.com/r/pop_os/comments/oemv4b/how_to_install_realtek_driver_rtl811181688411_for/

Looks like the same driver i posted in the past

It should:

sudo dpkg --configure -a

sudo apt install rtl8812au-dkms

1 Like

So with screen brightness you’d have to go into the bios of the laptop and set to dedicated graphics. After go to your nvidia app and click save to x config file to make a xorg.conf file. After that type sudo gedit etc/X11/xorg.conf to open the config file. Scroll down to section “Device” and add (Option “RegistryDwords” “EnableBrightnessControl=1”) just like that minus the parentheses under the BoardName like in the picture I attached. Click save and restart and that should work. The WiFi should work after the kernel update to 5.11 40. Let me know if not

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.