Live wallpaper on zorin 16 comments and issues

it's difficult for normal users..like me

Where in the guide makes it hard?

I think the biggest obstacle for beginners is compiling part.
Took me some years to get the idea and I still cannot claim that I understand everything.

Saying that, what this command will do?

make clean

I've never used it.

It reset the doing of the make command.

You mean deleting those newly created files?

yes, so for any reason you want to run the compile again you can do so (reason could be compiling error).

1 Like

Thanks for this explanation!
I should remember this when I need to compile anything in future :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@johnalam
If you could tell us where you got stuck, we might be able to help you. Please let us know.

The first try is always harder, I am trying to use it too, as you said before the "biggest obstacle for beginners is compiling part",, yes it's right compiling part is difficult if someone switch from GUI TO CLI , it's definitely difficult for GUI user, I don't know which command has what functionality?..so don't wanna take a risk

Just like any new skills, you will never learn till you try.

It is possible to have a testing environment by installing virtual machines on the system.

Virtual machines are easy to back up (just copy the content of a single folder). If something went wrong, you can delete that image and restore it from the backup.

You can install Virtualbox in Software.

yes I like your idea ... virtual-box definitely good for testing and learning purposes..
by the way i enjoy zorin the main reason i switch from windows to zorin is "Security" and "Speed"....

2 Likes

I felt exactly the same way when I made a switch from Windows to Linux over 10 years ago :slight_smile:

Windows is not a bad OS. It has some positive sides such as ease of use. But the security.... well, I think I would spare you from my rant :wink:

seriously I have an 8 years relation with windows definitely, it is the best OS in the world ,, now windows 11 will come soon, its far too good, it is very easy to use ,play games millions of windows apps are available , but all the way its often attack with viruses and my entires disk is attack with some ransomware its a big loss for me . and lot of research then I think Zorin os is good to go and I enjoy but I am unable to uninstall Microsoft apps, games, Adobe programs and have the worst experience here a lot of windows apps are not compatible .

I am also in the same boat.
In my case, it is the software I need for my professional needs which would not run under Wine nor have any equivalent in Linux.

My solution is using Windows as a Virtual machine guest (VMWare in my case) on a Linux host. While I understand serious gamers would not want to sacrifice any computer power by virtualization, I am not a gamer. I built the current desktop completely over-speck to compensate this loss of computing power in VMs.

thank god I am also not a gamer welcome to the Linux world. :grin:

If that is the case, I highly recommend installing Windows as a virtual machine. I tested both VirtualBox and VMWare and my conclusion was that VMWare works better than VirtualBox for Windows virtualization.

thanks its a great piece of information i was wrong i think virtual machine work better.

In a sense you were not wrong.
Virtualization can "absorb" driver issues because it also virtualises drivers. I can install Windows in a virtual machine much faster than on bare-metal.

1 Like

wow, amazing you are a great teacher with full of knowledge, how you can explain in an easy way? i am totally impress from you. now i understand the few lines of code what happening in which line.... by the way who are you? and i analyse your profile you are very active member.

impressive ... thank you for your help.