Logo Suggestion

It is because you have more passion towards young lady than towards old hag :crazy_face:

5 Likes

Someone with to much money and time on their hands... they have made silly changes thru the entire time if you look at them over the last 70 years

ITV/ATV the same

3 Likes

I seem to be one of the only ones to really like your logo suggestion!

I think Zorin is by far the most beautify desktop, and that is one of the reasons I switches to this distro.
I really like how beautifull, moderns and minimal everything look, but I feel the current logo doesn't match this style.
To me it looks 90s. Everything had nice rounded corners but the logo is sharp and aggressive.

4 Likes

I do like @RandallCurtis ' design.

1 Like

Which one is it?

@Aravisian are you referring to this thread: Alternate Menu Icons

For some reason the link is not visible in your post above, although the forum bot thinks it is.

EDIT: Correcton. Link was infact included by Aravisian at post #4 above.

Ah, thanks.
Now I can see it :slight_smile:

I linked it in I think the third post of the thread...

Ah, that famous "scroll up".
Which I tend not to do. There are just too many new postings all day and I can hardly catch up :frowning:
We need more moderator/Level 4 here!

2 Likes

I did a thing...

4 Likes

Nice, rounded icon!

Go'Z like lightning :smiley:

3 Likes

It's a Zorro thing...

3 Likes

Randall's other inclusion:
zother

3 Likes

What I like about the Zorin OS Logo:

The logo used to be tilted at an angle. Now, it is set straight. But the impression is of a Lightning Bolt. Fitting, given that Zorin OS is known for Speed and Performance.

Hexagon:
What I like about the Hexagon is that it, like the circle, is a Simple Geometric Shape.
As the circle can be interpreted as all encompassing, the Hexagon shows 6 sides of Gnu Linux: User desktop, glibc, Hardware platform, system call interface, architecture and kernel.

The slanted Z also reminds me of a Road.
Linux is a journey and Zorin OS is a method of travelling that journey.

The last thing is a bit more juvenile. It is that the Zorin Logo is utterly different from any logo associated with Windows.
As Zorin OS seeks to be familiar to the Windows user in many ways, the Logo Stands Apart. Like a sprouting tree in the middle of a glacier; It reminds the user that it is welcoming them to something New and Different.

7 Likes

Wow, love all the references!

2 Likes

Max Zorin from movie with James Bond and Zorin with blue like a white clouds on blue heaven. Meeting with gods.
Zorin sign is simple.

That logo looks like it is susceptible to fat shaming. :joy:

3 Likes

When I first saw it, I thought of copper side of a simple PCB (Printed Circuit Board). Just needed 4 holes drilled in it. Imagination plays strange tricks.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.