Love 💙 the new blue hue of Zorin forum

After the latest update, the colour scheme of the forum turned to blue-green, which I found very soothing for my :eye: eyes :eye:

3 Likes

I prefer blue. But I am running forum in Dark Mode, and don't see the green, at all. It's black and blue.

1 Like

" Forum undergoing maintenance.
You may notice some visual inconsistencies, which will be corrected shortly."

Maybe that's why...lol

1 Like

Oops, you just witnessed my Japanese "accent" in the colour perception. :sweat_smile:

The borderline between green and blue in Japanese mind is more vague than that of Western countries. In fact, we still use an expression 山青し (mountain is blue) to depict a well wooded mountain.

I fixed the title.

3 Likes

I would never have guessed this.

2 Likes

Now, it looks purply instead of bluiegreen

1 Like

The new update has made things interesting. There is a message border around posts on the dm, similar to android. The post count in threads stays at the bottom right of my android screen and it has repositioned the reply button from the bottom right to the bottom left...i have to scroll half a screen to get to it, past tracking.

What has really been something to get used to is that when I'm replying the text window takes up the upper half of my screen, the keyboard in the lower portion. I have to either lower my keyboard or the entire reply (by down arrows) in order to see what i was replying to. Now i have to make sure i copy anything other than a quote if i want to mention it because i can only see my reply.

Most of my presence here is by mobile, not something i can help. If i were to wait until i had use of my laptop, let alone a wifi connection, i would barely be seen.

That is also why some of my helpful posts are not as detailed as others. I'm doing most of my troubleshooting and resolution from memory, without interacting with zorin.

2 Likes

THEY CHANGED ALL THE SHORTCUTS

I keep pressing Ctrl + Alt + C and Ctrl + Shift + F9, Bold, Italic, etc. :frowning_face:

2 Likes

Forum looks different each time I view it.
Some of the changes I saw earlier I really liked and now they are gone...
Like a drop shadow on the top search bar. And at one point, posts had a curved outline that peaked at the user avatar which was situated in the upper left corner, like a talk bubble.
I imagine it will keep changing as the ZorinGroup explore everything and different ideas and settle down to what they like.

5 Likes

Its kind of strange though don't you think? I mean, if you look at the site in a logged out form in Firefox with no dark mode applied, this is how it looks for me.

Also, I noticed that the copyright info is missing at the bottom of the forum home page, the dev's might want to fix that ASAP for legal reasons.

5 Likes

But did you notice the second banner/ menu bar at the top is gone? They're paying attention to our recommendations yet again... and implementing changes that we have discussed. I love that they do this, though a little warning of server maintenance would have been nice. I applaud them for continuing their, though quiet, steady work not just in the os but the forum to. They want us to be happy here, as with the os. It's wonderful to witness and feel a part of this community, even when they are silent.

5 Likes

Well, I for one am feeling happy with Zorin OS 16! Especially since it brought a dual core machine back to life.

And I also like it when the dev's listen to us about the forum, as improvements are always welcome.

3 Likes

Feeling watched, eh?

Makes you wonder what else they silently notice. Did you guys delete that "thread" we discussed yet?

4 Likes

The " Welcome to the Zorin support community" banner is now shorter so I can see number of "Unread" etc without scrolling or hitting the hamburger as is my habit.
Also the red line separating posts since last viewing is useful indicator.

EDIT: I dislike the font they are now using for thread titles (fancy title) with the squared off bottoms to "g"s etc.
The jagged numerals in that font really grate on the eyes.

The rounded Title banner at top of thread is now transparent so you see a confusion of title and posts showing through it. Messy.

2 Likes

Remind me which "thread"....that one, we put in that place that one time?

2 Likes

The secret one, you know... that one where we discussed that thing about both Zorins... We agreed that they would be super mad if they read it...

3 Likes

When it comes to things like transparency, some people will like it, other's will not. I am one of those folks that love transparency, and I think what they Zorins did looks great on the forum today.

I had an idea that I pitched to Azorin a few days ago for Zorin OS 16 PRO users who are on the forum like me. I am hoping it can be implemented on the forum, as I'd be excited for it. But I don't want to tute the horn on what it is and get people's hopes up, so I'll wait for word on it.

1 Like

It looked that way to me too Startreker when using Brave. I switched to "shields down" and it went back to normal. So maybe something in Firefox's security settings?

1 Like

Anything is possible Jeff. One of the things that we know about Firefox, is its a pretty secure browser. Even Firefox's default settings make you more secure, and thats a good thing. I often get warned by Firefox when something is not quite right with a site.

Plus, there are a lot of great extensions for firefox that I enjoy. I recently came across one that I really love for Youtube, its like an enhancer of sorts. It lets me change settings that you couldn't on Youtube's page, I even changed the colors! lol

But thats why sometimes when I take a screenshot, if I am trying to see things how they actually are, I will have DARK MODE off, and look while logged out.

@StarTreker I don't know, Firefox runs kinda slow on my computer.