Music Producer gone Zorin

sudo add-apt-repository remove followed by the repo info or... Open "Software & Updates" from the app menu, open the "Other software" tab and then scroll to the repo you want to remove. Click it to select it, then click the "Remove" button on the bottom toolbar.

i dont see it on the list

oh... I see... typo.. heh heh

sudo apt-add-repository ‘deb Index of /wine-builds/ubuntu /bionic main`

sorry i took long to respond,power cut off
when i press enter i just get '>'

i went to winehq and just copied this command
sudo add-apt-repository 'deb Index of /wine-builds/ubuntu bionic main'
and it worked

1 Like

@Aravisian i keep getting this at this stage

E: Malformed entry 52 in list file /etc/apt/sources.list (Suite)
E: The list of sources could not be read.

whats happening?

It means that an added repository has a typo error in it.
You can fix this by removing the entry:
In terminal, you can run

sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list

Arrow key Down to the line number 52 and add a # in front of it to Comment It Out. Or, you can remove the line entirely.
Hit ctrl+x to exit, then hit the y key to say 'yes' to save, then hit the enter key to save as current configuration and re-run

sudo apt update

Please say in this thread what the Line Is that has gone wrong in case you need to re-add that repository.

1 Like

I am on Zorin 16 Focal... So...
While you are doing that; would you be willing to help this fella out?:

You can Edit > select-all then hit ctrl+alt+c to copy.

Amazing timing. :smiley:

ill sure as ■■■■ try bro

A post was merged into an existing topic: Deleted sources.list file

14 posts were split to a new topic: Zorin OS 16 black screen install - damaged GPU

You don't want Pulse or Jack; you should be using Alsa. check the Reaper Linux forum, you will find there the best discussion by far on doing music with Linux.

2 Likes

sudo apt install winetricks

will work

Like I've always argued, ALSA is king when it comes to Audio! Pulse was another RedHat diatribe that has been forced onto users and OS's in much the same way that Systemd was!

2 Likes

It was interesting reading the commentary made by one of the developers that pushed for implementation of SystemD at Debian stating his justifications for doing so... That culminated in him admitting that he had not tested SystemD, did not see any reason to believe it was better... But was familiar with the software and knew the SystemD development team personally, so pressed for it to be adopted.
Very... Telling...

2 Likes

Which led to a large number of Devs leaving to form ... Devuan! :sunglasses:

1 Like

hope the new year is treating you well; im on zorin os 16 lite now and im getting an unmet dependencies error when i 'sudo apt install libgl1-mesa-dri:i386'
what should i look to delete in the sources.list?

Are you sourcing the i386 package because of Wine or because you are running on a 32bit system?

Hi Aravisian, I thought 32-bit OS was dropped when 16 came out?

...I forgot. :expressionless: