Music Producer gone Zorin

swear down lol,im not yanking your chain for reals. but wine-4.0.3 is back

Can you please go to the App menu, again - open “Software & Updates” and check that “Download From” is set to Main Server?

did that several steps ago

Ok, I am not sure then, why it is you needed to re-add the Zorin Repo in order to install Wine (Zorin Windows App support) but it looks like you are back on track to getting VST and Jack going…

1 Like

its the wine version thats stoping me from doing the VSTs

Is the wine version too low?

for yabridge, wine4.0.3 is too low

shall i try upgrading again?

Hit me upside the head...

This must be how you ended up with the Ubuntu Groovy repo. OK... We need to...
remove Wine...
again...

And try to install the later version as if this was Ubuntu 18.04.
let's get to work. In terminal

sudo apt remove --purge zorin-windows-app-support

Then... one at a time, down the list in terminal;

sudo apt-get install libgnutls30:i386 libldap-2.4-2:i386 libgpg-error0:i386 libxml2:i386 libasound2-plugins:i386 libsdl2-2.0-0:i386 libfreetype6:i386 libdbus-1-3:i386 libsqlite3-0:i386

wget -nc https://dl.winehq.org/wine-builds/winehq.key; sudo apt-key add winehq.key

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:cybermax-dexter/sdl2-backport

sudo apt-add-repository 'deb Index of /wine-builds/ubuntu bionic main'

sudo apt install libfaudio0

sudo apt update && sudo apt install --install-recommends winehq-stable

After complete, run

wine --version

to check if Wine 5.0

1 Like

still doing the thing… hang on…

it says ‘Wine-6.0’ tho…

Oh… well then.

6.0 is higher than 5.0… I would think that yabridge should still work.

1 Like

lastly, wether or not yabridge works may i tip you $5 via paypal? i know im broke and managing a record label single handedly(support from listeners like you are all iv got) but dude you really came through.

I’ll offer you a counter-offer;
I am building my own webpage currently (It’s part of why I was available long hours right now) where I can upload the icon sets and themes I make for Linux Distros since I Kicked Opendesktop to the curb.

I will have a link on that page to a patreon account. Once the page is built, I’ll let you know and you can take a look. If nothing else, you can share the link with others.

1 Like

great lets run with that counter bro

im redoing this im stuck on

getting this

Error: need a single repository as argument

as a return

Have you removed any old Wine repositories first?

which command was that again?

sudo add-apt-repository remove followed by the repo info or... Open "Software & Updates" from the app menu, open the "Other software" tab and then scroll to the repo you want to remove. Click it to select it, then click the "Remove" button on the bottom toolbar.