My entire household dumped Windows 10!

I fixed some typos for you.

4 Likes

Another choking with coffee :coffee:
Get your paper towel ready to wipe the monitor.

2 Likes

:heart: :heart: :heart:

Good one! And actually very true!

2 Likes

Especially as the internet provides certain anonymity.
Unless gender is stated, there is no way of knowing that the expert you are talking to is male, female, inter, trans or anything else. This can apply as easily to race. The expertise is still accepted with as much gratitude. Perhaps it is a matter of: more time will bring about less prejudice. The internet, generationally speaking, is still pretty new.

Whichever; this Zorin Forum is a community of all peers.
The forum aims to be welcoming, irregardless of any personal preferences, gender, race, age, creed or other differences. In this setting, our differences often demonstrate our Similarities and how diversity accelerates growth and understanding.

As such, at no time will any mistreatment of any member over race, gender, preferences etc. be condoned or tolerated.
From anyone.

2 Likes

e.g. @Storm 's cat participates here on occasion.

3 Likes

That's how it should be.

Before I registered here, I have also only read a few days in the forum. I was surprised how friendly and helpful people are here. That was the only reason why I signed up here.

Much of the internet is so toxic and I don't want that.

2 Likes

Well, there still is a certain amount of toxicity is this forum as well - which I am planning to address in coming days.

1 Like

Yes, I am a coffee drinker. And over the course for about a year now, I have been adding a little cinnamon to the coffee, gives it added flavor. Plus, I creamer my coffee too.

2 Likes

What is that?

2 Likes

I'm known to either put French Vanilla coffee creamer, or Peppermint coffee creamer in my coffee. FrenchPress, you should know more then anybody, being a strong coffee drinker, and living in France, it is common for people to put milk in their coffee.

Creamer is a dairy product, the only difference is, its a little thicker then milk, and has flavoring in it. It comes in bottles like this in America.

1 Like

It is wrong.
People either have their coffee straight or a small amount of sugar here.
Adding milk to a coffee is never heard of.

Personally I love to add a pinch of Sel de Guérande to cut the bitterness of Espresso.

1 Like

People go nuts over espresso in America. You go to a coffee shop, and all you will hear is the obnoxiously noisy espresso milk frothing machines. People will pay way more then they should for a cup of coffee when it comes to milk frothing espresso. Were talking like 12-dollar coffee's for some folks, its crazy.

I think some people just don't realize that they can make coffee at home, a simple coffee grinder, or if your lazy, you can buy already grounded coffee that doesn't taste as good. Of course, if you watch TV shows like All Rise, they push the perspective that Lawyers never have any time to make coffee at home, so they have to go to the local coffee shop every day.

I don't know how realistic that is, but then again, if your a lawyer, your loaded money wise, so you can afford 12-dollar coffees. Well, let me rephraze that, your loaded once you pay off your student debt that you owe to become a lawyer. Cause lord knows, in America, student debt can destroy your way of life, as much as help you create one.

I am not sure if you got this news about the price hike of Brazilian coffee beans.

I read a quite an interesting user's comment at Register, my favourite on-line British tech newspaper.

Apparently the most economical way to obtain a freshly roasted coffee is to purchase unroasted green beans by bulk then roast them to your liking with an electrical popcorn machine.

I have not tested it myself, but seriously considering trying it out since I have this supplier from Bordeaux who sells green coffee beans.

Composed of ten percent cockroach (I am not kidding.)

1 Like

You did that to me already :frowning:
Saying that I recently read a technical paper describing how much bird poop can be present in an agricultural product.

1 Like

In Germany, it is normal to drink coffee with milk or cream and sugar. But not everyone does that. I like my coffee with oat milk and sweetener. My husband drinks it black (without anything).

Yes, I know.
Before this pandemic, we visited Germany quite often.

Oh, wait.
Aren't we talking about switching from Windows to Linux?
Do I need to create a new thread about coffee? :sweat_smile:

Jep, we went a bit offtopic in here. But it's great to getting you guys to know!

Actually if you ask me or @StarTreker about coffee, we could go on about it all day long :wink:

2 Likes

May I ask where you have been?