My laptop has problems with zorin os

just connect my laptop to wifi i opened firefox and nautilus and the system crashed

Does it have something to do with the video driver?

since when starting the installer the screen flashes for a long time while "OK" messages appear repeatedly and hopefully the installer starts

I downloaded the ISO from the zorin page

Please follow these instructions: Methods of downloading Zorin OS - #8 by zabadabadoo

I downloaded the ISO from the ZORIN page and the USB is relatively new and of little use

with the ISO image that you download, install zorin on several laptops without any problem, the problem is with this laptop :frowning:

try to use safe mode and it doesn't work either

Your HP Probook should be using Intel i5 HD graphics.
Have you tried

sudo apt install --reinstall xorg

?

Yes, all good. But did you still check the SHA256 checksum to confirm nothing corrupted during the download?

1 Like

I could not because zorin never finishes booting, it just keeps blinking indefinitely while some letters or white codes appear

the check says that the file is fine

and I have tried with other distributions like ubuntu debian or manjaro and the result is the same it never starts

@Jesusito . Some questions:
Using Gparted, how many partitions do you have set up on that HP probook 440 g3 laptop ?
Are you intending to dual-boot Zorin 15.3Core alongside Windows or another OS?
Did you try an install using the "Something Else" method?

1 Like

It also appears that you are definitely not alone:

HP, of course, denies all responsibility.
This writer says he struggled with a very similar model but finally managed to get Ubuntu installed (Zorin OS is built off of Ubuntu) by using Boot Repair.

1. the main partition and the efi partition

2. I am going to install only zorin on the hard drive

3. No

The writer has installed Ubuntu 19.04 as single boot. However, reading one of the comments:

"Hi Tyler, thanks for the helpful guide. I can confirm that the above works with Ubuntu 19.10 as well. It does NOT work on 18.04. Cheers!"

@Jesusito You could try Zorin 16 Beta, as Ubuntu 20.04 was reported to have worked.

1 Like

Try disabling the splash screen to see what's happening during the init process or when it hangs try to ctrl + alt + f1 to switch in terminal mode to see what really is happening.

I did and when I do, some codes appear that start with a number followed by the word "pcieport" and end with Identifier ID

Is it similar to appearance to this?

that's exactly what

Here, I have replied on this issue, steps on turning off the AER

Does this procedure fix problems and hangs during installation?

Maybe the usb stick was bad or with corrupted files?

I am sorry. I thought when you acknowledged the link, you saw it listed possible solutions. I should have clarified that.
It listed these two suggestions:

1. sudo nano /etc/default/grub
  2. Edit grub. Add pci=noaer at the end of GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT. Line will be like this:
    GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash pci=noaer"
  3. Hit ctrl+x to exit, then hit the y key to say yes to save, then the enter key to save as current configuration.
  4. sudo update-grub
  5. Reboot now

Suggestion Two: Identical to the above, but replace pci=noaer with pci=nommconf

I was able to solve my problem

I had to install zorin os on another laptop and modify the grub on it and then put the disk in my laptop again and the system works great

2 Likes