My Zorin os 16 (my favourite distro) boots very very slow 🐌

It allows to but it depends on the person itself :grin:

2 Likes

I am 14 years old. I am not an adult citizen

Are you 14???, Guess my age then :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I know I should not tell you that but I want to suggest that you should be proud of yourself and your name.

I can't guess that. My brain is telling me that your age is something near me.

Please tell your age.

It's okay if you don't want to tell me but please do friendship with me. You are a very nice person who helps others.

Now I have finished watching all your videos. That all videos are amazing. I will tell you about my experience after 3 days.

Thank you for helping

I don't know that. But Zorin was not a maid in India :india:

Sorry for delay, I am 15

1 Like

Oh okay. thank you.

Hello AdarshMeher, yesterday I wanted to ask about the backups and reinstalling, but you were too busy.
Still I would like to know how you did the backup and reinstalling, I presume it all went all right, seeing you back online. If so I think you did a great job!

1 Like

Sorry sir, I can't able to answer at that time.
Yes, I have created a new partition tablet and copied all important data to that partition and then I installed Zorin os in the first partition. Now I have all the old data. Thank you for your help.:smiley:

Hello sir, I have 2 partitions on my laptop so can I install fedora os on only one partition. I am asking this because some os does not support installing in one partition, then can only be installed by erasing the whole disk.

You can install fedora beside the existing ZorinOS, you then can have a dual boot.
At the moment I am running a triple boot. It's all possible because of Linux.

1 Like

No, I don't want a dual boot. I just want to have that backup partition.

I understand.
But your harddrive (I saw the partitions remember) was big enough to support 2 OS's, it would be sad to see you wipe the ZorinOS, because it didn't cause you much effort to install it. Seeing how you're able to use it, I guess it run good on you pc.

Have you thought about ZorinLite?

1 Like

Oh, okay. I can understand your feelings. I have used Zorin os lite. I don't like that so much. What do you want? Should I stay on Zorin or go to the fedora. I trust you, people, a lot. I will continue with your choice. Because I know that your choice will be the best.

Well, I know that fedora looks good and will run, but you won't be able to run all the apps you are used to with ubuntu.

The main reason you didn't wipe the apps because you wanted to try them once the ZorinOS was installed, correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm advising you to use ZorinLite, because of your hardware configuration.

ZorinLite uses less power and faster and lighter then ZorinCore.

While you just installed ZorinCore and haven't installed much yet, perhaps its an idea to install the Lite version. With this u will still be using ubuntu. And seeing how capable you are with installing, I guess this wont be a problem for you.

But still the question is, why would you exchange a good running OS on you pc, like Zorin, for a different?

You can also boot fedora from the iso/pendrive and try to install some apps you like and see if its your drive.

You are correct I can't use all apps in the red hat.
But I have only installed the apps from commands in zroin os so the apps problem will be the same in both os. And I am using Zorin os core for 2 years and except for its boot time, everything is very smooth.

Installation is not an issue here.
Please compare other things.
Zorin os was my favourite os and I know Zorin ubuntu-based os is the best. After hearing so good about fedora, now I am a little disturbed. I want to convince myself that Zorin was the best and Zorin is the best now and Zorin will be the best in future. Can you help me convince myself that Zorin is the best. And if not then I will install Fedora.

Give your suggestion @dasjdoom sir and @100WCharge
Please. now I am very confused please help me to make the right decision.