Need Help With Installing!

ok thanks

Which flavour of Z16 are you trying to install. Pro or Core?

Core
should i try light or smth?

I only asked as that info will help others who come to help.

This can cause this, yes. Also check the USB settings in the BIOS settings while you are there.

alr
any idea about the windows media creation tool working but not
rufus etcher or unetbootin

I grit my teeth saying this... But have you tried balena etcher?

yup sadly it was my last resort before this :frowning:

1 Like

There is also another setting you need to disable in Windows 10 - it is the advanced Power settings - this is where your hard drive never turns off, just sleeps - hence the quick boot up times. If you have created a standard bootable memory stick, check the BIOS - for example I used MultiSystem to run live distros, and one included an image of Hiren's Boot CD - in the BIOS if I want to boot the Linux distros I choose the standard USB option to boot first - if Hiren's Boot CD it needs to be USB (UEFI) - Do you get a choice of Boot device in the BIOS? I do!
I should add, MultiSystem only works if you already have an installed Linux System. Emmabuntus3 and 4 come with MultiSystem in the .iso.

4 Likes

I am late for the party.
But Yeeeesss!

When I install linux from windows 10, didnt disable anything. Just enter troubleshooting, go to uefi/efi follow things there then boom

You are right.
I think I did not do anything for my BIOS only laptop.

As for EFI BIOS, I remember I disabled everything. But I might have made a overkill :wink:

1 Like

hey so i do have that disabled
and i use F12 in my case and select USB-HDD as in my motherboard manual
says to select for bootable usb

Are you using Gigabyte m/b by any chance?

yes
i am

Since your name is Intel, it may not applicable to you.
But I have GA-970A-DS3P (for AMD CPU) which has a firmware bug and I need to do some tweak to install Linux on it.

i have a
ga-78lmt-usb3 r2
and a
AMD FX8300

which is why i wanna switch from Windows --> Linux

it will run like 5x better

I have AMD FX8350.

nice :smiley: