New life to a beautifull macbook pro ealy 2008

HW: C2D 2.4 GHz, 4 GB ram ddr2, HDD toshiba hybrid 1T, NV 8600 GT 256 KB.
Not compatible with OCLP 0.6.8, latest MACOS El Capitan(2014?).
Installed Zorin 16.3. video correctly using Xorg server with max resolution 1400x900 at 59Hz.
First solution by Aravisian: purge broadcom 4321 proprietary driver and install B43 firmware.
The apple keyboard with 78 keys have to be set as
English(USA International with dead keys), the righ path by Zenzen. Correct keyboard map myself.
Snafu with indicators of wifi, the plug in disappeared, solution reinstall it, by myself.
Zorin connect to work you need to set it in the firewall.
Wozak

17 Mar

Wondering how to connect your iphone to Zorin Connect? I found an answer so i figure i'd put it here.

1. Install the KDE Connect app on iPhone - completely compatible with Zorin Connect.
  2. Enter the following command:
sudo ufw allow 1714:1764/udp && sudo ufw allow 1714:1764/tcp

What does this do? Opens the 1714 and 1764 ports normally blocked by the Gnome Uncomplicated Firewall (ufw). These are necessary to connect to the KDE Connect app.

1. Refresh listings on phone and pc and it will connect just fine
    To read old video DVD/VCD have to install virtualbox with win 7(tryied with win10 but become very slow).
    Tried wine , crossover 22.1 and bottles but no sucess with those special congress videos.
    The gnome app videos I sugest substitute by VLC or SMplayer more easy to use.
    Thanks to the Saff and excuse me by not citate everyone which helped the N00b (myself).
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.