Newly installed RAM is not detected

I wanted to buy a new machine. Really. If I could. Especially, its been a long time since I've done this... create a game... which one of the thing I want to do but I can't because of my limitation. Maaah.

1 Like

Sending you hugs :hugs: to make you feel better. Don't worry, I am fully vaccinated. :grin: Hopefully, your situation changes for you in the future. For now, I give Asus a good talking too. lol

Yup. its 6yrs old so it is out of warranty. I'm about to think it was defective one. Since even after matching the specs, computer didn't recognize.

1 Like

Only way know for sure is to take it to a shop where they can test it with a module known to work.

1 Like

I guess so. Maaah. What a day. hahahahhaha

Update: I talk with the seller. They gave me chance to refund. If this works well then.

I searched and there's a lot with this kind of problem. Other's solution is already conplex cause it involves CPU and motherboard. There are also posts that some manufacturers disable the slots: like in dell and ibm, so they have instruction for that. As for ASUS, I hope their so much support with Windows isn't interferring. Dell have this diagnostic tool to help solve this problem. ASUS have but you can only download in Windows store. Lastly, there is a chance that the ram or its slot is faulty cause while im using it for test, Zorin desktop hangs up( means brave browser didnt shut down and same with the terminal) this is kinda easy for my built in ram alone. not even going up to 2gb ram consume and cpu in 44 deg. for it to hung up. According to one post, encountering things like this signs of faulty ram. My my. Learn a lot

1 Like

Did you use the new ram and remove the older one ? Only by then you know if the new one is working or not.

It is possible your ram has a conflict because they are not the same.

Hello Michel!

Perhaps you missed it, but he's said that his original RAM stick is soldered to the motherboard.

And yes, this is true, the RAM he got, could be conflicting if they are not the same type. Or, it could be the new RAM stick is defective too.

I tell you one thing, I refuse to buy RAM, or storage from any seller on Ebay. There have been so many cases of fraud on Ebay over the last 20-years, that I can't trust it, never will.

Only buy RAM or storage from reputable companies.

Hi StarTreker,

As i read it he said "built-in". Which can be understood as "ram that is preinstalled/came with the laptop".

Maybe he can post a picture whith the red protection sticker moved aside.

Good point.

1 Like

Its not Ebay. Though this ecommerce website must be worse than Ebay. hahahahhaa

1 Like

Its not a sticker though I wonder if I can take that plastic off.

1 Like

Ali Express?
Hum....

1 Like

You shall dispatch that sticker with great dispatch.

Peel Satisfying GIF by Elgato

1 Like

It is a wide Kapton tape to my eyes.
You should be able to remove it without too much force.

1 Like

2 Likes

There is levers on the both side of this slot.
Can you press that to loosen the DIMM?

1 Like

Nope. We have here shopee and Lazada. That ram came from shopee. Lazada is fine. anything I ordered there isn't defective. But this is the first time I ordered in shopee. A lot ordered in the same shop and worked for them that's why I don't know if I can considered the ram defective or the slot. And since while the new ram is in the slot for about an hour my system, to be specific my desktop, run amok sure either the ram or the slot have the problem

2 Likes

That's soldered RAM alright. Looks built into the mobo. Classic BSetry we often see from companies that make lower end machines. Well, I'm going to bed y'all. So goodnight, and make a wish for Santa to get you a new computer :computer:

1 Like

Ah, OK.
I did not know those names.

Did you manage to loosen the DIMM by the way?

Oh, was it?
I could not tell.

But since Rui could not remove it, that must be it.

1 Like