No updates since few days

Since two weeks I didn't have any new updates to zorin os ..
Usually when i run the software updater or sudo apt update .. I would get security updates ..but now I am not getting any updates ...

the software updater just says everything is up to date..
are there no updates or something is broken on my side ?

haven't made any changes to official repos

1 Like

Maybe because it whas christmas and new years eve ? Alot of companies/people are free in the last week of december and the first week of januari.

4 Likes

yeah this could be the reason....

1 Like

That is also what I am thinking. Next week could get busy again.

I recommend you switch your update server to "main server" if you haven't already...that way you will get faster and stabler updates.

2 Likes

Okay I will do that thanks for the suggestion

1 Like

Changed from General to Chat.

Today i put command on terminal sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade and coming new updates.

It also depends on how often you update. You may see more of you leave your computer unused for a time. I log in just about every day and experience updates about once or twice a week. There was a surge of updates prior to the holidays, but that is the reason i believe. I'm certain there will be more in the next week, after the holidays are behind us. Two weeks without security updates will not be detrimental to most users. I have not heard of any Linux zero days, so we should be alright.

I switched to main server and ran sudo apt update but I am getting the following error.

Maybe the servers are temporarily down ?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.