No wifi, bluetooth,no extended display options in Zorin 17.1

Sharing the output to the command, attached is the screenshot which appears before the system starts.

sudo lshw -C network
  *-network UNCLAIMED       
       description: Network controller
       product: BCM43142 802.11b/g/n
       vendor: Broadcom Inc. and subsidiaries
       physical id: 0
       bus info: pci@0000:03:00.0
       version: 01
       width: 64 bits
       clock: 33MHz
       capabilities: pm msi pciexpress bus_master cap_list
       configuration: latency=0
       resources: memory:94100000-94107fff
  *-network
       description: Ethernet interface
       product: RTL810xE PCI Express Fast Ethernet controller
       vendor: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd.
       physical id: 0
       bus info: pci@0000:04:00.0
       logical name: eno1
       version: 0a
       serial: a0:8c:fd:26:d7:0f
       capacity: 100Mbit/s
       width: 64 bits
       clock: 33MHz
       capabilities: pm msi pciexpress msix bus_master cap_list ethernet physical tp mii 10bt 10bt-fd 100bt 100bt-fd autonegotiation
       configuration: autonegotiation=on broadcast=yes driver=r8169 driverversion=6.5.0-45-generic firmware=rtl8107e-2_0.0.2 02/26/15 latency=0 link=no multicast=yes port=twisted pair
       resources: irq:0 ioport:3000(size=256) memory:94004000-94004fff memory:94000000-94003fff
  *-network
       description: Ethernet interface
       physical id: 6
       bus info: usb@1:6
       logical name: enx12ec448e6e2c
       serial: 12:ec:44:8e:6e:2c
       capabilities: ethernet physical
       configuration: autonegotiation=off broadcast=yes driver=rndis_host driver

Can you give us more information.
Was this a new installation, or since a software update that included kernel change from 6.5 to 6.8?
If the latter, can you boot to grub menu> select "Advanced Options for Zorin"> select previous kernel generic (e.g. a 6.5 kernel) and try that.

FYI: Re kernel 6.8 and Nvidia: After update, display is really slow and screen is tearing - #6 by AZorin

1 Like

Hi thanks for responding, yes that did happen after kernel update. I switched to kernel 6.5 but still facing this issue.
Moreover graphics in settings is currently displaying "llvmpipe" instead of any sort of nvidia string like I would

I can't help much with the graphical side of this, but regarding wifi and bluetooth, they're a combined chip in most computers so it's not uncommon to have an issue with both at the same time.

From your lshw output (thank you!) you have a Broadcom BCM43142 so it's not a surprise to have driver issues. Firstly, they're proprietary so often need to be manually installed by the user. Secondly, Broadcom drivers are often unsigned, thus cannot be used when booting with Secure Boot enabled, so I recommend disabling Secure Boot and reinstalling the driver.

sudo apt install firmware-b43-installer b43-fwcutter bcmwl-kernel-source

Source: wireless - BCM43142 WiFi adapter doesn't work on Ubuntu 20.04 - Ask Ubuntu

If that doesn't work, please see my guide on troubleshooting wifi that I wrote because wifi issues are a depressingly common topic with linux.

Thank you for sharing this! Sadly I have tried them all, rfkill won't list anything

The link: wireless - BCM43142 WiFi adapter doesn't work on Ubuntu 20.04 - Ask Ubuntu already posted by @Ultrabenosaurus above, does state Secure Boot in BIOS should be set =OFF. Was that done?

Yes i had tried installing everything post that