NordVPN and It's IP Addresses

I read on the Nord website that there is something that can interfere with printing and your IP address .... so I deleted Nord and spent the next 4 hrs trying to get it installed again .... but no luck .... I'm going to start a new thread on that as this is one is way to long and a different problem anyway ....

As promised a new post on NordVPN .... well I managed to get Nord installed again and posted it in the Tutorials & Guides entitled ...... [How to Install NordVPN on Zorin ]

The installation worked but my Brother Printer would not print again .... if I disconnect from NordVPN it works fine so for the time being I will leave it that way .... until I take a rest from this for a bit and do some sailing in the Caribbean aboard my pirate ship ..... I need a break ....

I know it has something to do with how NordVPN uses the IP address (it is connected by WiFi) but I don't know what every time Nord connects the IP address is different (because it comes from a different city but the same country) and I suspect that it is causing a problem with the printer ..... never had this problem before so I know it can be fixed ..... I know there are static and dynamic IP addresses but I have never had to change them in the past .... I'm sure it is just a setting but as all changes must be done by way of the terminal when using NordVPN I don't know what the command could be ....

I assume this follows on from your fun and games reinstalling NordVPN and your tutorial here: How to Install NordVPN on Zorin
(I just wanted to add that link)

1 Like

After spending days from 5:30am till 3:00pm and installing and reinstalling NordVPN and reading tons of stuff from the web (with no success) so many times I'm sick and tired of trying to find a solution to why my VPN and printer will not work together ... they used to for months with no problem but now they don't ....

So I will disconnect my VPN when I need to print something ...... is it a solution ????? but not the one it should be ....but as I said I have better things to do with my time ..... so I'm abandoning this Thread as I did the one on the printer .... they both just need to die a natural death .....

If someone would like to mark this topic solved be my guest .....

Thanks to all who tried helping with this problem .... :exploding_head: :beer:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.