Nostalgia - Do you reconize this?

I love it. I looked up some info and you can buy the computer case:

1 Like

Yes, my first real computer was an Amiga 1500 with 2 3.5" Amiga Floppy drives and 1 Mb of onboard RAM. Publishing the local Trade Union Health and Safety Bulletin when I was Health and Safety Officer took 20 minutes to print one page off on a Canon BJ-200 using PageSetter 2! But the results were outstanding!

When I sold all my Dinky and Corgi Diecast model cars and Action Man toys and accessories I upgraded it with a SCSI controller (Oktagon 2008) which cost around £80, 1 Gb SCSI drive which cost £239! Oh and 2 Mb ZIP RAM, and a few years later another 2 Mb ZIP RAM - booted faster than the Windows 98 machine with AMD 400 MHz Processor and 384 Mb of EDO RAM! Oh and no Y2K issues with the Amiga - it's onboard clock goes up to 2099!

https://www.deviantart.com/yereverluvinuncleber/art/Linux-Steampunk-desktop-MkI-308695620 Love this?

I went to his page and sent him a Super Llama. :wink:

What is a Super Llama? ok I'm old :joy: :joy: :joy:

I do not know, either. :expressionless:

On DeviantArt, users can award other 'deviants' with Llama badges and Super Llama badges.
As near as I can tell, these badges are functionally useless and do not have any known purpose other than offering the feeling that you got something or gave something.
Initially, the Llama badges were a temporary lark... But the 'deviants' liked them so much, they became permanent.

B_N21ZTUoAA3zde
There you go I give you 25,000!

1 Like

That was a kind effort, but they all Ran Away...

2 Likes

1 Like

Hi, I think some of the Deviant Art stuff is now out of date. However, I did manage to SteamPunk my Devuan 3.0 a while back. That curved panel at the bottom I suspect is Cairo-Dock.

My SteamPunk Desktop that I had on Devuan:

You can still get the clock shown in Centre of the image if running KDE Plasma.

I sort of replicated the look on MX-Linux 23.1 KDE Plasma:

My favourite SteamPunk desktop was when I ran Netrunner 15 KDE - now defunct - the project that is - they moved to be with manjaro.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.