Quiet computing

One of the forum member questioned about Linux compatibility for this Logitech mouse. While searching for the information I hit this site:
https://quietpc-usa.com/logitech-m110

In other threads, we have been discussing how noisy computer was back in early days. When I built my last desktop, I went for a water cooling to reduce the noise. But the most quiet computer is a fan-less type. I especially liked the design of this chassis in their catalogue.

3 Likes

So you have a source of hot water at your desk and can just add coffee :rofl:

4 Likes

Bruh...

Can you translate that to a human-understandable language?
:thinking:

3 Likes

That is what we need to get straight from the horse's (Kedric's) mouse :wink:

1 Like

WOW, you just get cooler by the minute don't you French Press? :sunglasses:

Here I was thinking you just used computers, little did I know that you built them as well! I love your fancy case you got for your build, I could light that puppy up with RGB, for the ultimate in bling.

People would come over, see all the light bursting through all the intake slots, and say..... "Is that a holy relic from Asgard?" :stuck_out_tongue:

It is true, a fanless CPU cooler will make the computer quieter, especially if there are no case fans. But any proper AIO is still going to use fans on the radiator.

Liquid coolers for computers, are a lot like a cars heat exchange system. Coolent from radiator flows through passages in the block, then get returned to the radiator. Once a certain temperature threshold is met, the radiator fan kicks in to push the heat away.

Truth is, the quietest computer I ever heard in my life, would be my cell phone, and my tablet. Those don't have fans or liquid coolers. How they don't completely melt down is beyond me, maybe they are cooling through a thermal pad attached to a metal plate, acting as a heat sink for all I know in heat dissipation.

I can understand people wanting their computers to be quiet. But at the end of the day, as long as your not operating in a lab where sound wave measurements are required on DB-meters, there is no need to have a completely silent computer.

Besides, there are these wonderful inventions called headphones. And any good closed back headphone with leather pads making a good seal, is gonna cover up any computer noise. And I'll tell you something else...

As long as I don't activate TURBO mode in my MSI internal cooling fan system, my air filtration machine, which uses a blower fan, makes much more noise then my computer does lol.

I still like that case French Press, it makes me want to light it up with RGB. Behold, for I hold the sacred relic, forged in the depth of the volcano's of Asgard, with the same materials in Thors hammer. HEHE :grin:

This is from the trusted Thermaltake:
https://cdn-eu-ec.yottaa.net/56abbca0312e5815f5000542/e42d88e0d50401335179123dfe2baf36.yottaa.net/v~4b.52/skuimages/gallery/large/T925-2088-a.jpg?yocs=2m_2E_

The space in chassis would be a bit problematic if one wants to stick to the standard size :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Thats a lot like saying, I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate, which is a completely meaningless statement. When you listen to generation Z lingo, your going to be doing a lot of eye rolling I assure you.

Listening to each generation tweak words here and there, one would think that each generation is trying to tweak the genetic code of their own DNA, in hopes of improving their popularity. But to us past generations, role our eyes and we laugh. :joy:

1 Like

FrenchPress, you should know by now, its not the size that counts, its how you use it. :wink:

1 Like

That! Indeed :wink:

The word 'Bruh' basically have no meaning. It just something people say.

Then you are posting something meaningless on the forum just show that you are here? :laughing:

2 Likes

Ya I guess people just do that, idk my friends just randomly calls me and say bruh and just ends the calls all the time.

You just cracked me up :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Thanks for the good laugh of the day. It is a healthy thing to laugh at least once a day.

Really?

If my friend kept doing that to me all the time, I'd subscribe his number to a daily happy birthday song message. So that every day, at 12:00PM on the hour, his phone gets called, and he hears the happy birthday song when he picks up.

Cause if he feels the need to waste my time, well, I wouldn't feel bad about wasting his then. Difference is, I'd be wasting it without even doing anything, cause its all on automatic baby. lol

We just do that to annoy each other, maybe u beat him in a game or smthg or just for dumb reasons, we do dumb stuff for no reason.

Since you feel that way, pull my finger, I will break wind, which will cause a earthquake, that will knock out the neighborhood power, set car alarms off. Then you can laugh some more. :crazy_face:

Me have confusion?

uh.. I think we deviated a bit too far from the subject of the discussion. I suppose the computer noise is not such a big issue for the people who play the game with full blast of speaker. I am thinking more for the business applications where quietness is crucial.

Just get like a fan-less pc or smthg should work. I remember seing small form factor cases that can hold a full desktop Ryzen 7 4750G APU with no fans at all. Or maybe just get a Mac or smthg.