Release Zorin OS 16

And, in all fairness, what alexandros mentioned about migrating to another distribution. Late last night I did install FerenOS on my laptop to try it out.
I'm liking the whole plasma thing. Might as well give other distro's a try
while we wait.. And there's nothing wrong with that...

2 Likes

Ah, the confession time :latin_cross:

Late last night, I did install LinuxLite on my HP mini netbook. Windows 11 was overwhelming to Intel Atom + 2GB RAM hardware. It works almost as fast as Zorin 15,3 which is not surprising since it also uses XFCE desktop :mouse2:

2 Likes

FrenchPress... Traitor...lol

I'm with you. I could keep looking for the release email, checking the site.
But I chose to try something new. Was curious about the Plasma DE.
I tried Feren prior, back when it was 'based' off Linux Mint Cinn, but now based on Ubuntu/KDE. And other then trying to figure out how to get the trash icon on my desktop, I'm really liking it. Sort of reminds me Ultimate/Core (I'm a Zorin Lite user, but have dabbled with Ultimate/core too). And it definitely runs quicker than LM Cinn, which I had on here.

1 Like

Zorin OS 16 is still beta, but the final release should be available in a couple of weeks.

Hello:
First of all welcome to the community.
That's right. According to the developers, Zorin Os 16 in its stable version should be released during the first half of August.
Regards

2 Likes

Guys check this out !!

Under the Other Updates->Zorin OS Base, there are updates for FIRMWARE UPDATE DAEMON, its library and plugin library. Does this mean Zorin OS 16 is going to launch in a few days from now. I got this window today.

2 Likes

Hello:
As I said before, the developers indicated that the stable version of Zorin Os 16 will be released during the first half of August.
Regards

Yes i saw your reply before this. Any updates on Twitter.

1 Like

haha thank you for liking :wink: I am longing for Zorin OS 16

1 Like

are you using zorin os 16 beta or zorin os 15?

Zorin OS 16 Beta

1 Like

Maybe it's getting closer to the final stable version?

1 Like

does zorin os 16 use kernel 5.8? will there be an upgrade from zorin os 15 to 16 directly? or wait a few months after the final version is released?

1 Like

th

9 Likes

Well. The predicted time period is over. I thought it would really come in July. So now we will have to wait until it's released. I read in a post that it should be released in the first half of August.

1 Like

Me to myself and all others here: Its a matter of few days.

1 Like

Don't make me me pull over. Do I need to pull over?
If I hear "Are we there, yet?" one more time...

1 Like

LMAO Aravi.... My feeble guess of 8/7 has past. I was wrong.
The last 3 releases, as far as days of week, have been on a Wednesday, Thursday & Tuesday. Makes sense it would fall on a weekday rather than on a weekend.

So I'm hoping for this week!

It does. I would expect that the ZorinGroup knows better than to burn the midnight oil all weekend long. You cannot effectively greet Monday Morning when it blends into Sunday evening.

What was it Spock said about Ston and T'pring? I wonder if the anticipation of having is stronger than the having of having?
For many, it probably comes down to hardware requirements on the newer kernel - or software requirements with higher gtk version and dependencies.

It is worth it, though. Zorin OS 16 beta is far faster, stabler and more functional than Ubuntu 21.04 is. Much less Ubuntu 20.04.

The only reason why I have been so impatient for Zorin 16 is because there is no upgrade path from 15. I have a laptop that I want to set up, but I don't want to go through the trouble of configuring 15 when 16 is right around the corner. If there was an upgrade option, I would be just fine waiting as long as it takes for the next version to emerge.

1 Like