Release Zorin OS 16

It does. I would expect that the ZorinGroup knows better than to burn the midnight oil all weekend long. You cannot effectively greet Monday Morning when it blends into Sunday evening.

What was it Spock said about Ston and T'pring? I wonder if the anticipation of having is stronger than the having of having?
For many, it probably comes down to hardware requirements on the newer kernel - or software requirements with higher gtk version and dependencies.

It is worth it, though. Zorin OS 16 beta is far faster, stabler and more functional than Ubuntu 21.04 is. Much less Ubuntu 20.04.

The only reason why I have been so impatient for Zorin 16 is because there is no upgrade path from 15. I have a laptop that I want to set up, but I don't want to go through the trouble of configuring 15 when 16 is right around the corner. If there was an upgrade option, I would be just fine waiting as long as it takes for the next version to emerge.

1 Like

I was running the Zorin OS 15 Lite Beta all the way up until I upgraded to a newer version. I suspect I will be running Zorin OS 16 Beta up until Zorin 17.

The ZorinGroup suggests that the "Best Experience" will be received by a full installation of the initial release of Zorin OS 16.
For me personally, the symlinks in Beta Root are more useful.

What is the latest development of Zorin OS 16 Beta? The middle of August is getting closer. :grinning: :grin:

1 Like

When the blue moon in the east and the red moon in the west converge, then shall they release Zorin OS 16, with a mighty trumpet call

Grief, I can't wait, I'm on 15 ultimate.... I'm pacing up and down....

2 Likes

Zorin OS 16 Pro will be available to download alongside the full release of Zorin OS 16 Core next Tuesday, on 17 August. Zorin OS Pro will replace Zorin OS Ultimate from the release of Zorin OS 16 onward, and will be available at the same price-point as Zorin OS 15 Ultimate.

3 Likes

YEA! Too bad we can't prepay to help the release . . . or can we?

1 Like

Hello:
As discussed above, Zorin Os should implement a system on its website that would make it easy to make contributions periodically, however modest they may be.
I agree, as suggested, that, on a monthly basis, the contribution totals should be published along with the name and nationality of the person who donated. This way one could know if they received it, and it would also serve as feedback to continue donating.
Greetings

2 Likes

I wrote something similar a while back: A Visible "Donate Button" on Zorins Homepage

1 Like

Zorin OS 16 Will Be Release On 17th(Pro Replace Ultimate)

4 Likes

It comes out 17 august! It says it on the zorin os pro blog. I cant wait for it

1 Like

For those who haven't seen.

Yes guys i got an update to Zorin Appearance and after the update, I opened Zorin Appearance and got this window :sunglasses:

I did not see the blog and still got to know that Zorin OS Pro is Coming. Also got the hint that Windows 11-like layout is also coming. :joy:

looks good not long now.

Not long... that's 168 hrs, 10080 minutes... It's going to feel like forever..lol
The thing is, for many, it will....

2 Likes

Your ears are starting to look a little pointy, there.

1 Like

I Get it,too

2 Likes

But the 'upgrade to Zorin OS Pro' button leads to a website which does not open. I think it will open on 17th August

1 Like

I saw that coming😉

2 Likes