Release Zorin OS 16

@alexandros Thankyou for sharing that news with us.

@Storm as we are both so good at predictions (assuming this does happen in reality) I may consider investing in the Lottery again :laughing:

2 Likes

Hello:
I feel like the story of "Little Peter and the wolf", since, when he told the truth no one believed him.
What I pointed out above is the truth. I sent you an email in which I expressed the concern of many for not having news regarding the distribution.
The answer was, I insist, that the stable version would be released within the next fortnight of August. They also indicated that they would soon publish information about it.
Regards

1 Like

In fairness, I do not perceive FrenchPress's humor as disbelief in you. Rather, in that the ZorinGroup openly communicated.
The ZorinGroup, from my observations of the last couple of years, reply to emails and messages even if you must wait in line. And I have never noticed some members getting any priority over others. If a long-time member of this forum emails them or a new-to-ZorinOS user emails them, both will get the same treatment in the same amount of time.

Many point out that the ZorinGroup seem too willing to allow the passage of time to speak on their behalf. It is not that we wish to befriend the ZorinGroup. It is that we wish for communication between us to be as open and free as the internet or as GNU Linux. Silence is daunting as it feeds doubt. We are watching as the freedoms of the internet and of GNU Linux are slowly being whittled away - as the majority of users simply accept it and say nothing. Silence lends the impression of a lack of concern; a lack of caring.
It needs not be an accurate message to be a message.

Silence is daunting.

1 Like

Hello:
Everything you say I stated in the message I sent them. I made them see the frustration that some of us felt for not knowing anything about the state of the distribution, and that this could mean that some of them could start thinking about migrating to another distribution.
More than a year ago I referred to the same thing. I pointed out the importance of maintaining good communication with the community, since a fluid feedback is one of the fundamental pillars for the success of a GNU Linux distribution.
Regards

I believe you 100%.
I just pointed out the (almost) complete absence of Developer participation to this forum.

2 Likes

I wonder if they have the cash to pay a temp., someone to just work
on responding to the community, members, maybe do some social media stuff.
I'll do my part in seeing that happen by paying the $39 when it comes out...

I know a large part of this is our impatience. We know it's going to be better and can't wait to get installed onto our pc's and move forward. It's like this EVERY release. We get it, and we are happy like kids on Christmas morning... OK, we may have a spoiled child or two who is unhappy. But the vast majority of us will appreciate the hard work... not being 'In the Know' is hard to deal with...
Just tell yourselves Sept. 1st. When it comes out sooner, you'll be smiling...

2 Likes

And, in all fairness, what alexandros mentioned about migrating to another distribution. Late last night I did install FerenOS on my laptop to try it out.
I'm liking the whole plasma thing. Might as well give other distro's a try
while we wait.. And there's nothing wrong with that...

2 Likes

Ah, the confession time :latin_cross:

Late last night, I did install LinuxLite on my HP mini netbook. Windows 11 was overwhelming to Intel Atom + 2GB RAM hardware. It works almost as fast as Zorin 15,3 which is not surprising since it also uses XFCE desktop :mouse2:

2 Likes

FrenchPress... Traitor...lol

I'm with you. I could keep looking for the release email, checking the site.
But I chose to try something new. Was curious about the Plasma DE.
I tried Feren prior, back when it was 'based' off Linux Mint Cinn, but now based on Ubuntu/KDE. And other then trying to figure out how to get the trash icon on my desktop, I'm really liking it. Sort of reminds me Ultimate/Core (I'm a Zorin Lite user, but have dabbled with Ultimate/core too). And it definitely runs quicker than LM Cinn, which I had on here.

1 Like

Zorin OS 16 is still beta, but the final release should be available in a couple of weeks.

Hello:
First of all welcome to the community.
That's right. According to the developers, Zorin Os 16 in its stable version should be released during the first half of August.
Regards

2 Likes

Guys check this out !!

Under the Other Updates->Zorin OS Base, there are updates for FIRMWARE UPDATE DAEMON, its library and plugin library. Does this mean Zorin OS 16 is going to launch in a few days from now. I got this window today.

2 Likes

Hello:
As I said before, the developers indicated that the stable version of Zorin Os 16 will be released during the first half of August.
Regards

Yes i saw your reply before this. Any updates on Twitter.

1 Like

haha thank you for liking :wink: I am longing for Zorin OS 16

1 Like

are you using zorin os 16 beta or zorin os 15?

Zorin OS 16 Beta

1 Like

Maybe it's getting closer to the final stable version?

1 Like

does zorin os 16 use kernel 5.8? will there be an upgrade from zorin os 15 to 16 directly? or wait a few months after the final version is released?

1 Like

th

9 Likes