Release Zorin OS 16

Your Hot corner is turned on in Zorin Apperance

2 Likes

Happy for you guys, but it seem to be buggy .. I really am wondering what going on here!. Made a while since I was not baffle like this on why I cannot install, not even boot a linux OS

:sob: :sob: :sob: :sob:
After all this waiting I can't have it, not really
the consensus seems to be that Pro V is way better; and I live in Iran can't have international transactions.
the other day I found a 3rd party that would do it for the equivalent price of 2x of my hardware, the price of the CPU of my PC in Amazon, (Corei78th) right now is 600$
defaq I'm gonna do
Three four years ago I could pay the price HAPPILY and easily
hell I can't even find a way to pay for it; the price is worth it

I do really want to be a part of this beautiful community, in your heart of hearts whats the best path forward for me, CoreV or another distro given the restrictions that comes with Gnome-based DEs and especially Ubunto-based repos without Pro access to Zorin repos
I just want to get the hell out of these windows 10 BS

1 Like

Are there any specific in Pro you want?

2 Likes

My suggestion would be to install Zorin OS 16 Core. I am right there with you in my opinion of Gnome D.E. Which is why I do not use it.
You can install a Desktop Environment more to your liking. For myself, I install XFCE4 or Cinnamon. If you would like a fast guide on doing so, please create a thread for that and I will be happy to help.
While this will not get you Pro nor allow you to directly support the development of Zorin OS with funding, there are other ways to support. Byt being a member of this forum and paying forward by assiting others in troubleshooting and helping to keep and make the forum a friendly and helpful (and responsive!) place, you would be helping ZorinGroup a great deal by lifting some burden of troubleshooting from them and increasing the availability and functionality of the Operating System for others.

6 Likes

purchased my copy of zorin 16 pro, but have given up trying to download at a speed of 25-100kbs/sec. I would normally be at a speed of about 14mbs/sec, but unfortunately most of nsw in Australia is in covid lockdown, kids schooling from home with a lot of parents working from home. Suppose ill have to try and stay up late friday night and give it another go.
Stay save.

2 Likes

lp-usb, those darn kids... Do they not share? Do they not know you have something important to do...lol Those speeds are insane...

TheRaven, Lite will be out shortly... I may be wrong, but the repo's are the same, no? Storm or Aravisian would know better than me. I've never really dealt much with Core/Pro/Ultimate in the past, due to my fondness for XFCE.. However, after the past week and the speed of 16 Pro, and the whole reliability perk, I think I may stick with Pro as my main driver for a while. I'm liking it, a lot.

Now of course I say this 'before' lite comes out....lol

You can also try installing by Torrent (or BitTorrent), etc.

Zorin Pro is NOT offered as a Torrent since t is only available for those who purchased Pro version.

Oh sorry, i did not remember that @lp-usb wanted to install the pro version

1 Like

Im a happy chappy,
Got up at 4.30am friday morning and behold internet speed was great only took about 7mins to download, then off to work.
I have dabbled around with many other linux off shoots ,but keep coming back to zorin for the simply reason that everything works out of the box and feels quite zippy.
Before i go, many thanks to the moderators and contributors in this forum.
I find the zorin forum one of the simplest to use.
Many thanks

6 Likes

It is like a ETA for file copy.
It is just a "estimate" so it could be way off.

5 Likes

I admire your dedication :heavy_heart_exclamation:
I remember when we moved our apartment from Paris, we went after midnight to pick up our stuff to avoid all traffics :wink:

anyone still have sha256 Zorin 16 pro and core early version before fix efi? thank you.

I think Z16Core SHA256 is still on the website alongside the later r1 SHA256.

I'm confused whether SHA256 belongs to Zorin 16 r1 or belongs to Zorin 16. Previously I had screenshot SHA256 Zorin 16 Previous version on Zorin 15 but it was deleted when installing Zorin 16.

Hi, sha256 for core is R1. Pro is pro :slight_smile:

1 Like

i have tried but sha256 doesn't match the early released 16 core zorin one(before r1).

Yes, you need to redownload new iso core, R1..because sha256 is for R1 only

3 Likes