Release Zorin OS 16

While we now know the exact day of @alexandros's birthday, we still do not know the official release date for Zorin 16 :wink:

2 Likes

Where's the Bookies?
My guess is August 8th.

My guess is 7 days from now. 22. July

Do you think they will avoid Friday 13th. i.e. Friday 13th August? :thinking:

FrenchPress.. Something tells me if we were on Let's Make a Deal, you would bid $1 more then the highest bid....lol

Looking at past history, the Zorin Bro's seem to like to make sure it's the best it can be before they release it. Not saying perfectionist. But perfectionist...lol
Plus, I'd bet Ubuntu has been making tweaks since their release, which just adds to the Zorin workload.

Alexandros, Happy soon to be Birthday. Cause I ain't going to remember...lol
Zab, that would be a Great release date. I like irony.
Aravisian, I bet everyone is searching for that link now....

1 Like

Thank you very much for your greetings.

Ah, you must have been my competitor when I was bidding at the evilBay lat time :rofl:

I am a snipe bidder (last minute bidder) on that platform, as well. A bit of hypocrisy, since I am also a seller.

1 Like
Summary

Zorin OS in Launchpad
You can get source code for Zorin OS from here. image
Above Image is from the same website (Under Zorin OS Apps) and you can see GameHub over there .If I am right we could get gamehub out of the box for Zorin OS 16. (I haven't used this). Gaming on ZOrin made easy it seems. @Storm you may like GameHub.
This is under Zorin OS stable. May be we are very nearing to the release. I think Zorin OS 16 is ready and they are making posters and websites it seems.
Just for fun: When's Z16 being released
@storm You may want to be a little optimist. You may change your vote :wink:

3 Likes

Never! I'm striking a fortune on that poll :smiley:

When can I expect the Zorin OS 16 release? I am waiting to upgrade to ubuntu 20.04. I also have thoughts to install Pop OS but if Zorin 16 is going to be coming soon, I want to stick to Zorin in that case.

1 Like

Hi,

Soon (tm)

We have a poll to bet when the release gets; Just for fun: When's Z16 being released

:slight_smile:

On a serious note: Z16 Beta is rock stable.

1 Like

Unless you are holding out for Education, Ultimate or Lite, I would install Zorin OS 16 Beta. As many point out, it is very stable and solid.

1 Like

I am also waiting for its final release, but they have not given an exact date today July 20 and :smile:

It seems the odds has not moved for last 3 days.

1 Like

Hello:
After having consulted the most prestigious astrologers, including Nostradamus and his prophecies, as well as the most powerful quantum computers, I can state that on the 28th of this month the stable version will be available.
Greetings

5 Likes

Clean Install.

2 Likes

Can I able to upgrade to 16 to 15.3 LTS ... because I just installed it and setup for my needed ?

The Direct Upgrade option from Zorin 15 to Zorin 16 is not yet available. The ZorinGroup has stated that the feature is in progress and they hope to have it ready within this year.

This is an interesting take as us users have been saying differently through-out.
I have noticed that on Z16 Beta, certain directories are redirected (e.g. /bin, /sbin, /lib...) I had wondered about that.
The user experience, however, has been that Z16 Beta has been running very well.
It may be that both answers are true and that ZorinGroup is stating the Best Use case. It may also be that the ZorinGroup knows something we do not and that future updates will not work for the Beta build.

I think we need to direct attention to @azorin and @zorink to address this question on their forum and not just on twitter.

1 Like

HI all
Im in australia and just downloaded a large partial upgrade of over 200mb.
Firstly that seems large considering how far forward zorin 16 is in the beta, and i was alittle surprised of the description of "partial upgrade". i have been manual starting software updater every day for a while now. how do i check in terminal what vers. i now have beta or final