Screen kept flickers when running Zorin OS 15 Lite for the first time (same with USB boot)

After adding nomodeset, my whole system never enters the nomodeset,I need to change it back to Nouveau so the driver will works fine. (Nomodeset works fine before I changed it to nvidia)
2021-05-16 06.45.53|690x388
And the screen freezes and I can't use it.

Ok.... This may be that "integrated Nvidia" card you mentioned- you need to have an integrated motherboard Graphics chip to fall back to when using nomodeset or when switching the Nvidia card off.

Any ideas to solve that,because I can't enter it's UI,and I need to reset it to its default settings

So actually I tried the Zorin OS 16 wit safe graphics driver mode,it feels smoother than the 15 lite

How I wish this was true...

1 Like

I wasn't sure about the Nvidia safe driver but,I'm thinking to reinstall it.

Since I can't actually make it possible to have the whole OS completely fixed,guess I need to always use the nomodeset.

So literally got it working fine,but I need to make its own screen properly so it won't hurt my eyes.

Now it ended up like this on ZorinOS 16

For some reason the "sudo apt install ubuntu-drivers" is not working. Because it can't find the package of the drivers itself.

Try with;

sudo apt install ubuntu-drivers-common

Am I doing it right?

Yep, it seems it's already installed. Try with;

/usr/bin/software-properties-gtk --open-tab=4

It opens up the driver settings where I switches the driver to nvidia

That's a very old driver for nvidia, is it Z15? So if you choose the binary driver you get a small resolution? What happens when using the binary driver and set the resolution in nvidia-settings?

This is Z16 Beta,but I'm going to bed now and I'll be showing it to you about it later.

If I switched to Nvidia,this happened

Oh gosh,so I need to use the older version of LTS Linux.

All of Zorin OS is built on LTS versions.

A post was split to a new topic: Screen Flicker on Zorin OS with AMD graphics

Marked solution. 39