Share your desktop, what does it look like?

Don't know, I never changed it.

1 Like

My gnome desktop.

5 Likes

What exactly is Conky Manager?

Is it some kind of customization software for GDM?

yes, it adds widgets on your gnome desktop...cpu, memory, network usage, weather, time, etc..
get all kinds of widgets here: Conky - Gnome-look.org

and if interested, install the easy conky manager here: How to Install Conky Manager 2 in Ubuntu 20.04 | Ubuntu 22.04 | UbuntuHandbook

once install, download your widget from the site (do not extract the zip), upload the zip into the conky manager, select it in the list, click the gear icon on the left to manage the widget (not the far right one)..

Howdy. Like haymanootha said, install conky 2. After installing, hit up pling.com and search their conky list. They have one person on their, closebox73x who has a bunch of good stuff I really like. But I couldn't get the weather stuff working. They have some really nice, cool conky's on their.

Got it installed and configured... had to change the format of the conky.conf file to the new format to prevent it reporting errors (and which made it start up faster):

I've since changed the layout of conky a bit to tighten up the space taken (it now takes only half the vertical height as the image above, while showing the same information), here's my conky.conf:

I also start conky a bit differently, using nice to give it low priority, and I've set my CPU governor to ignore-nice-load, so conky doesn't increase CPU frequency.

[EDIT]
For those who want Conky to portray a calendar:
${color 000000}${texeci 1800 cal}
You can issue the cal command in terminal, as well.

1 Like

I installed OpenSuse Leap yesterday just to try out something different. So far, so good:

Found a cool looking icon theme only for folders so that they won't look so dull.

1 Like

My current desktop
Buddha Of Compassion partial mantra
Listening to Shiva In Exile
Zorin OS 16.2 Pro
Sweet Theme
Candy Icons
Glow 6 Wallpaper

6 Likes

How to make/converting icon theme. Also a sneak peak into Zorin Delight theme.

1 Like

Great video Storm .... can't wait until this new theme is out ..... :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

My fav wallpapers.

4 Likes

Peppermint Devaun XFCE.

3 Likes

From creation AI Text To Image - AI Image Generator API | DeepAI

here some youtube video
W drodze do Axolotla (BaldTV feat. A.I.) Bez słów! - YouTube

1 Like

@Storm can create a guide and tutorial on channel yt to get $.

ZorinOS 16.2
WhiteSur Dark GTK Theme
Wallpaper courtesy TabNumlock in this thread
Mkos-Big Sur Icons
Conky Dex widget
Cavalier Visualizer

4 Likes

Found somewhere on the web.

2 Likes

I'm using colloid theme for the application, papirus for the icon, and zorinpurple-dark for the shell

The colorschemes are mostly dracula and catpuccin, I really like those colorschemes.
That dragon is mega charizard x from pokemon, I'm using pokemon color script and runs it everytime I open a new terminal (put the command in bashrc or zshrc or whatever shell your using). Here's the link : Phoney badger / pokemon-colorscripts · GitLab

And also here's the link for the wallpaper : https://id.pinterest.com/pin/461548661809708823/
It is a script called pokemon color script, here's the link : Phoney badger / pokemon-colorscripts · GitLab

2 Likes

Sick :black_heart: :purple_heart:

webside with wallpapers is interesting