Share your desktop, what does it look like?

You can make it or modify this one I just made to try this out based on your post:

######################
# - Conky settings - #
######################
update_interval 1
total_run_times 0
net_avg_samples 1
cpu_avg_samples 1

#####################
# - Text settings - #
#####################
use_xft yes
xftfont modern_lcd-7:pixelsize=16
override_utf8_locale no

#############################
# - Window specifications - #
#############################
own_window yes
own_window_type desktop
own_window_transparent yes
own_window_colour 000000
own_window_argb_value 0
own_window_argb_visual yes
own_window_hints undecorated,below,sticky,skip_taskbar,skip_pager
background yes
double_buffer yes
minimum_size 350 142

alignment top_left
gap_x 0
gap_y 0

#########################
# - Graphics settings - #
#########################
color1 85919e
color2 8cf5f5
color3 19191a
color4 969696

TEXT
${alignr}${font modern_lcd-7:pixelsize=16}${color4}${time %d-%m-%Y}
${alignr}${font modern_lcd-7:pixelsize=35}${color2}${alignr}${time %I}:${color1}${alignr}${time %M}${font modern_lcd-7:pixelsize=16}${color1}${color2}${alignr}${time %S}${color1}

I named it "conky_clock-digital" on my machine... I set this up on XFCE D.E.
You also would need to reposition it to your liking - I defaulted this to x and y 0 0 when I copied the script to the post.

I used the Modern LCD 7 font:

You would need to install it to your system fonts, first.
Or you can use any font you prefer that you have installed or that you install for this purpose. Just be sure to change out the font name in the four or so locations in the conky script above.
Change the colors and sizes to suit.

3 Likes

https://www.wallpaperflare.com/search?wallpaper=linux

2 Likes

swarfendor437 is correct that is a Cinnamon DE applet and can be placed virtually anywhere on the desktop .... I used Cinnamon from the very beginning until recently when I screwed up so many settings I completely destroyed the DE .... so I tried Xfce again for a week or more but that just didn't do it for me so I removed Cinnamon completely and reinstalled it ....

For some reason when Cinnamon installed it did so without a clock which is usually in the lower right hand corner ..... so I found this one in an Cinnamon applet and installed it ..... it has a ton of customization from sizes to colors and placement etc. .....

I chose the green color to match Storms Midnite Green icons and Aravisian's moebius theme ....

2 Likes

That's my Zorin desktop
KDE all the way.
I'm using Zorin 16 Pro, but, in all honesty, I'd recommend it only for first-time Linux users. Weird bugs, visual artifacts when using Qt apps on default Gnome etc.
So as long as you don't start tweaking it too heavily all is fine :slight_smile:
For more seasoned users, you could stick with core.
The product is surprisingly high-quality for such a small team though.

3 Likes

Then you are have experience with Desktop KDE. Good to know if I trying in future kde and don't know what next step to configure kde. Very nice.

5 posts were split to a new topic: Installing KDE or Plasma Desktop on Zorin OS

Time for testing Cinnamon Desktop.
I heard isn't hard to configure.

1 Like

Not really I find it much easier if you like to customize your DE .... Gnome maybe simpler if you just use the Plain Jane settings or the limited ability to customize it ....

But if you want a DE that can be completely customization and very stable than Cinnamon is the way to go ..... I have been using it now for some 11 months and just a few days ago finally with all my tinkering completely destroyed the Cinnamon DE and had to delete it and reinstall .... if I was smart enough I probably could have saved it but got to flustered with it acting up and reinstalled .....

Don't give up on trying it there is a whole new world out there using Cinnamon DE .....

@Frog You using Cinnamon DE on mint or Zorin?
I must sayed is more simple.

1 Like

Zorin Pro .....

I unplug SSD hard disk with Zorin and put hard disk SSD with mint Cinnamon. I want seeing diffrents on bare metal.

1 Like

zorin lite(xfce) with conky manager, xfdashboard,hotcorner plugin

4 Likes

16 core , Gnome, Plank Dock , Qogir GTK , Conky

6 Likes

Love your background ..... :+1:

1 Like

Zorin desktop

I don't like icons on desktop. My desktop is to me like a blank canvas.

6 Likes

Nice conky
https://www.deviantart.com/abohiccup/art/Conky-Arch-Gotham-713182154

5 Likes

Stellaris Wallpaper.

8 Likes

After put update three more command:
Dont use :
sudo slackpkg install-new
sudo slackpkg upgrade-all
sudo slackpkg clean-system
New users should use Slackware64 stable version. Now its Slackware64 15.0 and only 2 commands needed
slackpkg update
slackpkg upgrade-all
So the guide on internet are horrible when some user under wrote that.
For me the guide is watching some movies,read the book about linux and then start creating something.

1 Like

New background .... I use Zorin 16 Pro with Cinnamon DE .....

4 Likes

Can you using KDE Connect on Cinnamon DE?

1 Like