Share your desktop, what does it look like?

Changed from Windows Vista to Arc Dark:

and weather applet that did not work in earlier versions or rather stopped working now works:

7 Likes

Is that LXDE or LXDE-gtk3?

2 Likes

I just did:

sudo apt-get install lxde

I added the Redmond-Themes to get Vista theme but it made the open apps in the panel white out in terms of labels so changed to Arc Dark. The Windows Button was within the Downloaded 'Redmond-Themes' from 'Windows 7 Blue' icons/orbs/orb1.png
The LXDE panel has always had that bevelled 'Vista' look. The wallpaper was one from 'gnome' background folder.

Would lxde-gtk-3 allow me to install the ArcMenu/Theme?

3 Likes

Yes, it generally is the same, just includes gtk3 support. Some of the apps seem improved.

3 Likes

I'll see if I can do it! :wink:

But it's PS4 time now!

2 Likes

How does this look? The previous theme looked too dark. I think this one looks balanced.

11 Likes

Yes ... I like the gray shades better myself .... as it is more easier on my eyes .... and after staring at a a screen all day .... for me white is way to bright and makes me squint and dark can sometimes be to dark ....

3 Likes

LXDE with DeLorean Dark Stripped 3.9 from Deviant Art:

Well there is a problem with this theme as you can tell the menu bar in LibreOffice is all squashed up (and the browser becomes unusable) - shame really - was always a favourite theme of mine in earlier releases of Zorin - no longer on Pling - I see quite a few themers have moved to Deviant Art and the link from here:

takes you to opendesktop.org and doesn't find anything and you then have to go to pling page, then pling.com - it is clearly a dying site (Pling) which in some ways is a good thing! (Almost a rhyme!)

5 Likes

Changed Menu icon for Tux:

1 Like

KDE Plasma with Sweet Theme - Wallpaper reminiscent of Zorin 7 with Hexagonal Wallpaper!:

file:///home/swarfendor437/Pictures/KDE Plasma Zorin 7 themed.jpg

4 Likes

Well been playing around and somehow managed to screw up KDE - now the display says it is 1920 x 1080 and 77 Hz but no way of choosing others and everything looks big!:

file:///home/swarfendor437/Pictures/KDE gone wrong.jpg

I've also noticed that if the top of a picture's background is light or white it changes the fonts to outlined and shadowed! Aaargggh! And you thought only Gnome project got it wrong!

Noticed there is a glitch in Sweet on Zorin as cannot use the Plasma style for the clock like I can in Devuan because Devuan uses Plasma 5.22, Zorin 5.18.

1 Like

Thank you for those links .... I added them to my Zorin Desktop Theme Bookmarks in my browser .... I briefly looked at the sites and I'll explore them when I have more time ....

2 Likes

Ubuntu 21.10 is still on 5.13 kernel ? Pop! OS 21.10 (based on ubuntu) uses 5.15.8 already.

3 Likes

Pop! OS stays ahead. One of the many reasons I like Pop! OS is that they always use the latest kernel. Ubuntu 20.04 uses 5.11 but Pop! os 20.04 uses 5.13. I am planning to switch Zorin OS to Pop! OS on my other computer within a few weeks. The only thing I am concerned about is how stable is the new Cosmic DE and if it is faster than gnome.

3 Likes

Just a suggestion .... it might be wise to wait just a bit to see how it ll pans out .... to many times people want the newest and latest of things like cars .... electronic items and OS's just to mention a few .... it is safer to let others workout the bugs for you ....

As I said just a suggestion .... LOL

4 Likes

That's why I haven't switched yet.

3 Likes

Wise man .... I only got burnt once and i said never again ....

3 Likes

Well I really like the KDE plasma Garuda And the kernel is zen They steak on the cutting edge but stable so for my tweak or machine this is wonderful. But I love Zorin because it was reliable up until this last update where they get the screen flickering and it’s not been followed through with

4 Likes

Bubby, when use Garuda and log in to the forum, trying to reply - you don't have this flickering??

3 Likes

I think this problem (flickering forum) is in every os. It is in kubuntu, windows and manjaro also.

2 Likes