Share your desktop, what does it look like?

For me it was flickering Zorin forum in KDE and Android, not in GNOME fortunately :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

It's in every os because the forum is bugged. They did a update 2,5-3 weeks ago...but it seems they don't care to fix it. I tagged them 2-3 times already without a response.

1 Like

they have fixed it now it seems. on 27th december nighttime, i got a message that the forum is under maintenance and i can only read the messages.

1 Like

Still having issues with the reply box in android just as we speak. When i lower it to quote another post it disapears and when i want to reply it wants to reload a older message.

same pinch

2 Likes

Doesn't Pop! OS 21.04 and 21.10 use Cosmic Desktop?

1 Like

This feature is the most attracting for me. I dual boot linux+windows in one of my computer and use ntfs partition because it is supported in both windows and linux but using ntfs partitions in linux is a pain cuz it is so difficult to get them to work.

1 Like

That is strange, since I bought my 1TB nvme, I've been using a partition aprox. 575 GB formatted to ntfs storage and also a seperate SSD 1TB formatted as ntfs, also as storage. Both work fine as well with ZorinOS as Windows.

I did encounter a problem recently, that's when I forgot to leave the Windows partition on hybernating (meaning don't shut down, but restart), which caused a read only while using the ntfs within Linux.

3 Likes

Yes and it works very well...but in the future they want to ditch gnome and create their own DE and call is Cosmic too. The current Cosmic is based on gnome.

Well i only had issues with games in Zorin 16, i installed them on the ntfs partition amd somehow steam and lutris refused to read them. When i moved them to a ext4 partition everything worked fine. I did not test this with the 5.15 kernel though if it got improved or not.

I recommend using 5.15 because i also noticed improvements in games.

2 Likes

I use Wine, which has no problem read and write to separate ntfs partitions.

Does steam and lutris go well with read and write on separate ext4 partitions? Don't you encounter any permission issues?

2 Likes

Not a single issue.

1 Like

Well, I do, I cant use Wine with a separate ext4 partition, while gaming its read only so the game can write any data to the ext4 folders. That's why I formatted it, especially the 1TB SSD, to ntfs.

Do you have to alter the permission for the ext4 before gaming or using steam/lutris?

2 Likes

You can change the permissions of that drive.

1 Like

I understand. You aren't using Windows anymore do you. The advantage of formatting the drive to ntfs is because I'm dual booting.

So when I install a game within Wine - to the ntfs partition/drive - I can (some games) use it both under Linux and Windows (vice versa), because of the dual boot.

With ext4 this is not possible under Windows.

2 Likes

Nope, windows free since august. I do understand your point about having a ntfs partition for dual boot. When i dual booted it did not work well for some games. Mass Effect Legendary edition had issues, sometimes it booted on ntfs and sometimes it did not.

2 Likes

This is the problem I am talking about, but I have completely switched off hibernation in Windows.

2 Likes

Well, its not a problem, but you will always have to restart when you want to boot in to Linux, instead of shut down.

But my question is how to disable the hibernation?
Have never done that, thats why I always use - restart.

1 Like

Open Command prompt with admin privileges and enter this command:

powercfg.exe /hibernate off

That worked for me.

4 Likes

Will try it next time I boot into Windows.

3 Likes

I get forum flickering with Zorin 15.3 and Win10 with different browsers and different PC's. So I reckon it is the forum, not the OS or Browser causing it. Just wish @AZorin @zorink would fix it.

But best to comment on that software feature here: Zorin Forum page flicker when Reply Box open

3 Likes