Share your desktop, what does it look like?

Yeah I working today on linux all day. Checking if I can life without window.

3 Likes

What I thought first when I saw that desktop was that it was angry birds star wars. :bird:

2 Likes

It is because penguins are still birds - even they cannot fly.
:penguin:

[edit]
I'll give you one interesting question you can contemplate on it for the rest of the day: "How penguins avoid getting a chill-vein while standing on a ice with barefoot?"

2 Likes

As a viewer of SciShow and Eons, I already know this one.:wink:

Penguins can fly, they just require a stiffer fluid than air.

4 Likes

Hey, it is not fair!
I did not pose that question to the science forum guru :frowning:

Perhaps I should retaliate by posting a Linux related question in the science forum :skull_and_crossbones:

2 Likes

I suspect that this may also backfire.

3 Likes

I know the reason - YOU!

2 Likes

Well, I didn't give the answer away, so it is up to others, now :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Humm... did I derail the thread again?
Blame it to my "free thinking" mentality :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Well, I don't know the answer of this one. But whenever someone asks me something like this I just reply "They can do it because they are adapted to it.". Most of this time this is the wrong answer but when they are thinking about it, I or someone else will change the topic.

2 Likes

I think that is exactly the tactics adopted by my husband when his daughters were still young and asking a lot of questions he could not answer.

2 Likes

If I don't know, my answer is, "Let's find out."

We are also venturing on another whirlwind adventure... away from the topic.

3 Likes

Ah, that is another good solution!

Suggested new thread "How to deal with questions posed by kids which you cannot answer" :rofl:

2 Likes

Just used the answer I gave above to advance in a debate about Modern farming methods vs Traditional farming methods. Someone gave a point that "Traditional farming uses animals to work on the fields andso on and I replied that "They have been doing that for years, they have evolved to do it." While they could have said a really important point to counter mine like "But farmers also use old animals to for that job who aren't fit enough to do the job anymore and make them suffer" someone in my team changed the topic by giving a whole different topic. Tactics :wink:

2 Likes

Well I think I cannot give a answer on that thread because I am a kid. But surely can help you out by giving you some questions to think about.

2 Likes

Thanks!
But I think we are already inundated by them - there is no need for a second serving :wink:

2 Likes

Today Good News for You.
I'm drinking my Coffee and search the Web for News and Wallpapers and found a page with AWESOME Zorin OS Wallpaper and i Share the Link with you hope you enjoy the pictures like me.
besthqwallpapers.com

4 Likes

Thank you so much. These pictures would feel real good as a dynamic wallpaper. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

My zorin desktop at the moment

7 Likes

Speaking of pictures, what happened to your avatar Jeslin? If your looking for suggestions, pick something that is what most interests you, and use that for an Avatar. Cause when I just see that J, it makes you look like a newbie.

But your no newbie Jeslin, you are part of the Zorin family, and we appreciate you here. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes