Share your desktop, what does it look like?

Looking Very great

Haha, I was also thinking about the monkeys from the film Life Of Pi. Unfortunately, I don't remember what website I got it from and just screwed up the hard drive with the picture on...

2 Likes

Seeing Dasjdoom & Aravisian stuff combined, awesome.

Wonder if that's how Peanut Butter & Jelly started. Both good alone.
Together, great.

2 Likes

To tell the truth I only use the themes from Aravisian, the others are way to flat so I just skip those, but I have to admit the Nebula theme from Storm is a nice piece of work.

Thought about it, to dive into theming, but after adjusting those from Aravisian I realized that the themes have to much relations/places to satisfy and I only use Gnome. If you think about all the other DE's .. and some of them also depend on the (Gnome) version you use (and don't forget testing). So I've come to the conclusion not to do the themes and leave that to the real brain surgeons.

Icons is another story, but still a lot of work because we all know how many apps there are so....

I designed 7 colors with all themes from Aravisian but gnome-shell and icons of myself, placed those in the menu and combined them with some scripting. So with just 2 clicks I can change the >> theme, icons, taskbar, cursor, user icons and also glava and conky theme.

they look like this;

If you wanna try while using gnome, you can use these commands to apply changes while using the command line.

gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.interface gtk-theme {themename}
gsettings set org.gnome.shell.extensions.user-theme name {themename}
gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.interface icon-theme {iconname}
gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.interface cursor-theme {cursorname}
gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.background picture-uri /usr/share/backgrounds/{picturename}.{jpg,jpeg,png}

3 Likes

Chilean desert sculpture.

BTW, I couldn't take the Google doodles anymore so switched to Infinity New Tab Pro.

It's missing voice search tho so I added the Voice Search extension.

4 Likes

Workspace 1:

Workspace 2:

1 Like

@dasjdoom and @Aravisian could take a guide with themes or some guide. Great jobb together.

Repaired my drive and found the wallpaper :wink:

4 Likes

OMG, what kind of snake is that in the tree. Pretty big.

I sometimes use modern interiors. It's like having a new house!

I like having a row of icons on the home-screen. They're handy and help balance out the blank space on the left side of the taskbar.

1 Like

Thank you sir I already put it on my desktop ..... love it :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Updated desktop setup:

3 Likes

Moon Knight good Marvel episode series.

1 Like

it's absolutely gorgeous

2 Likes

6 Likes

2 Likes

Vindix007, which media player used on the desktop?
It look good, I like it how the metadata is presented.

I think that is Amberol

1 Like

Tried it, installed it with the software app. I can launch it and choose a music folder to play. But then it disappears/shuts down. Is this because I'm not using a topbar in Gnome?

2 Likes

Sorry, I am not using gnome
I have just installed probably not keeping It and it plays songs without any issues
I don't know what is happening in your case

1 Like