Share your desktop, what does it look like?

I use Brave, it's awesome. Customization doesn't matter to me much as long as the browser can take the ZorinOS theme.

I sadly can't get behind what Brave is doing with the crypto stuff.

Anyway, if anyone is curious about Firefox theming, there's GitHub for it:

1 Like

Vivaldi must be doing something right because both google and windows hate it .... when I try to load anything thing gmail it tells me that Vivaldi is not one of its recommended browser and to use one of those so I had to choose Opera as the lesser of two evils ....

While trying to load Vivaldi on my newly installed Win 7 I had to use Internet Explorer as nothing else was downloaded .... IE told me that to download Vivaldi was security risk and not recommended .... after downloading and trying to install I got the same warning but this time about not having any certificates of something or other ....

Ever since Vivaldi dumped google search and chrome extensions they have been at war .... at least from my experiences .... yours may vary

1 Like

Have you tried this Nero....?
https://www.howtogeek.com/778067/how-to-purge-crypto-from-the-brave-browser/

Yes, I did. It was the first time I ever did after downloading the browser for the first time because it's so in your face. I could never get rid of the lion 'shield'. I also started getting it to ask for the gnome keyring when I enabled auto-login. I won't deal with Chromium. Firefox accepts my laziness for auto-login so I accept Firefox.

1 Like

That's not the case actually. The rewards are turned off by default and the lion shield shouldn't be turned off, it's tracking and ad protection, the core of the browser.

If you choose to enable Brave Rewards, you earn actual money from privacy-preserving notifications like these:

When you earn the BAT tokens, you can choose to withdraw them and convert them to USD or your local currency or you can tip verified Brave creators some BATs as a token of appreciation.

I'm a verified Brave Creator myself, and I'm grateful that people tip me money on my YouTube channel. I'm able to earn around $7-8 every month from BAT, it's not much but it's free passive income.

So simple... but lovely as Zorin OS

9 Likes

Feminine:

Masculine:

Politically balanced:

7 Likes

I'm in tears... :rofl:

be careful with too much politics on the forum, though...

I agree .... I have seen some very good forums ruined because of political ... religious and controversial views that were posted .... everyone has their own idea's on these subjects .... and they have no place on this forum ..... IMHO .... I have seen sneaky little tidbits posted on here before but i just ignored them ..... I don't get drawn into debates .... I have better things to do with my time .... :grinning:

1 Like

True dat.... Better to keep the disagreements to things like which is a better theme, icon set, Gnome vs KDE DE, Core vs Lite. Cause we all know Lite is much better....lmao

2 Likes

7 Likes

xfce theme

8 Likes

BTW, that top one is a real pic. White Sands, NM. I think it's my fav. It's so cheerful.

2 Likes

Did some changes

Theme: gt3ex by Aravisian
Gnome-shell : mine
icons: mine
All red

Theme: Hornet by Aravisian
Gnome-shell: mine
Icons: mine
All Gold

Theme: Tranquility by Aravisian
Gnome-shell : mine
icons: mine
All Green

6 Likes

I like it clean and just delved into custom Plank themes.

6 Likes

Here is mine, simple.

9 Likes

WOW .... you make some excellent Icons ..... ever thought about publishing them ???

4 Likes

I love your wallpaper .... I'll bet dollars to donuts there is a big ol' bass hidden under those over hanging trees .... mind sharing where you got it ????

1 Like

Agreed; @dasjdoom has definite talent. I look forward to when he starts a launchpad...

4 Likes