Share your desktop, what does it look like?

By setting a few custom rules in the Rounded Window Corners extension for GNOME, you can get OnlyOffice to fit a lot more nicely on the desktop - notice the absence of the thick borders it usually has.

(apologies for the heavy redaction in this shot - Linux machines can be used for more than just ricing!)

1 Like

2 Likes

@Frog You are not The Frog in the Well.

1 Like

Not that I'm aware of ..... could it be an ol' Japanese saying .... :thinking: :grinning:

1 Like

That looks very fantastic.

How did you install that? On their homepage it is recommended for GNOME 40, 41 and 42.

The Frog In The Well – Spiritual Story By Osho

Once a frog from the Ocean came and jumped into a well. He got acquainted with the frog in the well and the well frog asked, “From where do you come?”

He said, “I come from Ocean.”

The well frog asked, ”Is it bigger than this well?” Of course suspicion was in his eyes; doubt was in his mind. “How can anything be bigger than this well where I live?”

The ocean frog laughed and said, “It is very difficult to say anything because there is no measure.”

The well frog said, “Then I will give you some measure so you can.”

He jumped on-quarter of the well, one fourth of the space, and asked, “Is it this big?”

The ocean frog laughed and said, “No.”

Then he jumped half of the well, and asked, “Is it that big?”

Again the ocean frog laughed and said, “No.”

Then he jumped three-quarters and asked, “Is it that big?”

Again the ocean frog said, “No.”

The he jumped the whole well, the whole length, and said, “Now – now you cannot say no.”

The ocean frog said, “You may feel hurt and I don’t want to be offensive, but still the answer is no.”

Then the well frog said, “Get out from here, you liar. Nothing can be bigger than this well.”

You should not be too hard on the well frog because what can he do? You can only have compassion, you cannot be too hard, because that is all he has known. He has never been to the ocean so how can he conceive it? “You cannot deceive me, you must have some plans to deceive me. I cannot believe in such an absurdity that anything can be bigger than this well.”

Spiritual story by Osho – from the book “When the shoe fits.”

I can be less compassionate with Well Frog. perhaps his well is all he has ever known. But Well Frog assumes that what he knows is all there is to know without required further learning. He assumes he can accuse and berate others simply because he rejects their knowledge.
In my opinion, there is no need to feel as much compassion for Well Frog, since Well Frog demonstrates poor decision making, lack of understanding and denialism.

A frog more well than Well Frog would simply ask to see this ocean.

3 Likes

In other words Well Frog has tunnel vision .... if he can't see it it doesn't exist ....

I hopped over to Ubuntu 22.04. Yes, I switched distros just so I could have rounded bottom corners. I'm weird.

This is not that weird. That inconsistency in Gnome was bugging a lot of people. You can tell by the bug reports.

2 Likes

Well i like audio music then i taken a photo from mobile and put on desktop.
I am only wondering why this is very badly on desktop.

Cinnamon

5 Likes

Cinnamon

3 Likes
1 Like

3 Likes

KDE

4 Likes

I reading KDE and Plasma are most DE for Desktop. I don't know why.
When my sound is broken then i checked which headphones are not broken. That not all. xD
Real Life on my Desktop.

1 Like

Testing Mabox on virtualbox in Zorin operating system.

Eating lower ram from Gnome also changing themes is very easy.
Very configurable.

1 Like

Garuda Gaming arch

1 Like