Share your desktop, what does it look like?

Nothing is silly if you like it ..... the way I look at if if others don't like something I do .... so be it ..... their feet don't fit under my table ....

2 Likes

Yep that place is real. Russia has really cool architects. All the Moscow subway stations are very artistic, some with a cultural hint.

And I use them all too!

New to linux, new to Zorin OS. I rescued my sister's HP laptop after she got frustrated with how slow it was. (sub-$300 laptop trying to run W10 on 4gb memory :rofl: ) Cannibalized an 8gb stick from a keypadless laptop and Installed Zorin Core. New OS, a wallpaper... it cleaned up nice. (will be replacing the stock 4gb stick with another 8gb soon) It's making an excellent research/work station so far. :+1:

3 Likes

That Rounded Corners extension really ties the look of GNOME together. It'd be nice if some kind soul were to backport it to GNOME 3.38 so it could be used in Zorin 16.

1 Like

2 Likes

The problem is...that the extension won't work for gnome 3 because the extension uses the shader of mutter-rounded as its base. mutter-rounded is a WM for GNOME 40.5 and above. Therefore back-porting wouldn't work at all.

1 Like

Back to my usually look :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I like this mountain so much that I haven't changed it from the default. It is also useful to know the approximate time by the color of the sky.

1 Like

The shader is in Mutter itself not the mutter-rounded fork, but yes same outcome since it's not present in the 3.38 version of Mutter.

1 Like

Oh. Thanks for correcting. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

hey can you share how i can do terminal like this whenever i open my terminal it is just straight forward

1 Like

You mean the logo and stats? It's neofetch.

1 Like

ya that it looks kinda cute and nice so can you tell how to setup it

1 Like

Install neofetch first

sudo apt install neofetch

then just type neofetch in the terminal
If you want to get more out of neofech read the man page type man neofetch in the terminal

2 Likes

Back to Ubuntu 22.04 once again. I got so caught up in wanting rounded corners on the bottom of every window that I blew my OS away just to have them. I think I might be strange.

2 Likes

it is working but i want it in default in terminal whenever i start my terminal it should come directly without typing neofetch

1 Like

I'm always inspired by all the different desktops that everyone has, that sometimes even I change my own because I'm just bored : /

1 Like

Then you need to edit your .bashrc file
First, go to your home directory and then open the terminal there
Then type sudo nano .bashrc
and then at the bottom of the file type neofetch in a new line
then press ctrl+o and next ctrl+x
then type source ~/.bashrc
you are done!
close and open your terminal again and see the magic

4 Likes

hey MR KNIGHT where is the file type neofetch i can't found it after typing bashrc command

1 Like