Share your desktop, what does it look like?

5 posts were split to a new topic: Installing KDE or Plasma Desktop on Zorin OS

Time for testing Cinnamon Desktop.
I heard isn't hard to configure.

1 Like

Not really I find it much easier if you like to customize your DE .... Gnome maybe simpler if you just use the Plain Jane settings or the limited ability to customize it ....

But if you want a DE that can be completely customization and very stable than Cinnamon is the way to go ..... I have been using it now for some 11 months and just a few days ago finally with all my tinkering completely destroyed the Cinnamon DE and had to delete it and reinstall .... if I was smart enough I probably could have saved it but got to flustered with it acting up and reinstalled .....

Don't give up on trying it there is a whole new world out there using Cinnamon DE .....

@Frog You using Cinnamon DE on mint or Zorin?
I must sayed is more simple.

1 Like

Zorin Pro .....

I unplug SSD hard disk with Zorin and put hard disk SSD with mint Cinnamon. I want seeing diffrents on bare metal.

1 Like

zorin lite(xfce) with conky manager, xfdashboard,hotcorner plugin

4 Likes

16 core , Gnome, Plank Dock , Qogir GTK , Conky

6 Likes

Love your background ..... :+1:

1 Like

Zorin desktop

I don't like icons on desktop. My desktop is to me like a blank canvas.

6 Likes

Nice conky
https://www.deviantart.com/abohiccup/art/Conky-Arch-Gotham-713182154

5 Likes

Stellaris Wallpaper.

8 Likes

After put update three more command:
Dont use :
sudo slackpkg install-new
sudo slackpkg upgrade-all
sudo slackpkg clean-system
New users should use Slackware64 stable version. Now its Slackware64 15.0 and only 2 commands needed
slackpkg update
slackpkg upgrade-all
So the guide on internet are horrible when some user under wrote that.
For me the guide is watching some movies,read the book about linux and then start creating something.

1 Like

New background .... I use Zorin 16 Pro with Cinnamon DE .....

4 Likes

Can you using KDE Connect on Cinnamon DE?

1 Like

Yes, you can use KDE Connect on Cinnamon on Zorin OS or on Zorin OS lite without any issue.
Since Zorin Connect only comes with Zorin OS Core, I use KDE connect for Zorin OS Lite.

1 Like

Is there an advantage to using KDE Connect on Cinnamon does it just work better than Zorin Connect ???? .... but then I only use Zorin Connect to transfer pictures from my cell to the laptop for posting here on the forum .... if KDE Connect would work better please give me terminal command to install it and I'll give it try ....

They work pretty much exactly the same.
If you have Zorin Connect working, then there is no point in changing it for KDE connect.

1 Like

Found some nice desktop.

2 Likes

1 Like