Share your desktop, what does it look like?

Soon Winter, so I choose I Winter setup.

3 Likes

3 Likes

https://pkgs.org/search/?q=zorin
Zorin themes used also in another distributions.

I have no idea where the picture were taken. Just found it on the web :).

1 Like

Imgur
When you click on photo you get more great wallpapers from photography keoch kerian david.

1 Like

A work in progress... Conky system monitor, date/time & a "what's playing" conky I made that only shows up if media is playing in spotify, vlc, freetube or rhythmbox.

It's girly, I know. But I'm sure the guys can appreciate it. :wink: Still working on the interior theme, also (black and gold). Maybe I'll share once I'm finished.

8 Likes

Two years ago, you could buy a 27" monitor for $110.

2 Likes

Please do, cause it looks great!

Is that the Windows Vista logo? I'm also curious about the ones next to it, the purple and the Pop!_OS ones. What are they for? What icon theme are you using?

1 Like

Oh thanks! Will update it soon.

The Windows, PopOS and Tails are icons I configured to directly open each individual virtual machine. Though it's a Vista logo, the VM is Win11. (I customized the Pop and Tails icons to myself)

My main icon theme is Candy Icons

1 Like

Ah I thought it was Tails but wasn't sure about it, now I see why. It's also a nice idea to have shortcuts to virtual machines. Even though it can be done with a simple command, for some reason even that feels sometimes a bit too much work :rofl:

A simple command won't put the launchers on docks tho. I love having the launcher right there and booting directly into my VM without having icons all over my desktop.

1 Like

It's funny... WHen I was on Windows, I used the Desktop as a basic launchpad. It was always cluttered with tons of Icons. Possibly because Windows defaults to Add To Desktop.
When I switched to Linux, my brain did a strange reversal. I cannot stand icons cluttering my desktop, now. Maybe I just prefer the functionality of Linux Panels (Taskbar).
I keep everything able to launch by the menus, keyboard shortcuts and launchers - no desktop icons allowed.
Still detest that Gnome removed the feature, though... Those that like to use the desktop icons shouldn't be boxed in.

4 Likes

While I really like Gnome, that is one of the things that I don't like about it. In XFCE, for example, you can create your own launcher to run whatever command you like. One thing I used that for is the Firefox profile manager to run different profiles easily.

1 Like

Mine now look like this

2 Likes

I wish I could do any of that. Can't even manage changing the colour theme, outside of what Zorin offers (very limited) :frowning:

You can start a thread seeking specific help.
Before long, you will be customizing on your own.

2 Likes

This is mine for now. I'm still fighting with conky and the transparencies in gnome.

3 Likes

5 Likes

Yup, I just put something together to match the wallpaper :slight_smile:

1 Like