Show off your keyboard ⌨ and mouse 🐁

That would be me. The only time I took a break working from home 8 til 4.30 was making a drink (now reverted to just H2O - given up tea and coffee now!) morning and afternoon with half an hour for lunch like work. Sometimes would work until 5.30 pm if work was needed urgently.

I have this (K750) keyboard on the oldest rig in the house. When I started work from home I needed a keyboard that had keys (sdf, jkl) that would emulate a Perkins machine - sadly the K750 was not able to do it so I risked it purchasing the Cherry DW 9000 slim which was OK for most manual Braille input but certain Braille letters proved Troublesome which is why it was a good job I had held on to the 'broken' (space bar broke) Trust keyboard which could handle manual Braille input flawlessly:

1 Like

Family members have these Logitech K360s with matching mice:
logitech

Couldn't find matching mouse image for Indigo keyboard!

3 Likes

I love the Oriental flavoured keyboard and mouse design :heavy_heart_exclamation:

I am really glad that I've started this thread :slight_smile:
It is so fascinating to see what others are actually using everyday.

I have a collection of over 2 dozen of mice and trackpad.
(I was desperate to find a solution for RSI.)

I hope I will have a time to take a photo of them when I have a bit more time in a couple of weeks.

1 Like

I am glad that you started this thread too FrenchPress! I too love seeing the hardware that people are using. We most certainly see a variety of different types. Its because each of us have different needs, or, different wants.

I have a few old keyboards from the 90's as well, some MAC and some PC. I am pretty sure I have one of those original IBM keyboards somewhere, but I don't feel like finding it right now lol.

13 posts were merged into an existing topic: Show off your seating!

Love this keyboard, because its beautiful indigo blue, and it also has a NUMPAD on it. :purple_heart:

1 Like

8 posts were split to a new topic: Music to my ears

A post was merged into an existing topic: Music to my ears

Speaking of which...

2 Likes

I just convinced my husband to deep clean his trackball.
He was complaining that a single click has a double click effect.
I am not so sure if we can harvest anything yummy :yum:

1 Like

Remember the days when you could harvest coins from your couch. These days we don't much pay with cash anymore. And i am very careful to not get food crumbs in my keyboard. Mechanicals don't like food crumbs. lol

1 Like

My husband touch types on this keyboard.
Orthogonal keyboard from TypeMatrix.

Most keyboards still have tactile raised spots on "F" and "J" keys associated with touch typing.
I can only guess those are the keys with little raised pimples on your husband's keyboard, but no other visible cues.

1 Like

He plays plucking instruments but he is also an amateur pianist. His fingertip sensation must be quite well developed compared with average human.

I have no idea idea which alphabets correspond to those small heaps. He is not using ASERTY but BEPO (French version of Dvorak).

There are no labels on that keyboard, how am I supposed to know what key does what? Thank goodness I don't have that keyboard, I'd be going all metal head banging on it in frustrations. :crazy_face:

4 Likes

It came with those skins:
http://www.typematrix.com/skins/

But my husband is not using them.
He is unconventional and so am I :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, if it's adjusted according to option A, it would be like touch typing.
I would only have to get adjusted to the Backspace an Enter buttons because the rest is just Qwerty. The other options - is like StarTreker said "headbanging" to me.

Once in the office we pulled a joke like that with a colleague by rearranging the buttons, because like the most people, she was using two fingers to type while looking for the right characters. She just couldn't get her password working while trying to login the system. Yeah, a bit childish, but once in a while that's what we all do/did at the office.

1 Like

That reminded me of a different prank as made in an LXF issue - remove the monitor and take a picture of what is behind the screen then make that the background of the user's desktop and make out their monitor screen is all there is left after the back had been stolen! :rofl:

4 Likes

Yes, and a bad prank it is, cause if the person finds out before the explanation of a prank has been made, their gonna think they been robbed. I have seen many a prank go bad. I am sure you heard about the one that involved the rubber knife? Well, that didn't end too well.

This is the reason why I don't do pranks. An innocent prank can easily go south very quickly.

1 Like