Show off your keyboard ⌨ and mouse 🐁

Presenting, the famous, the one and only, however very quite upgraded, Logitech G...5...0...2 HERO ! ! ! !

IMG-2564

Brought to you by Logitech, provided for your delicious viewing pleasure, me, your favorite StarTreker :blush:

4 Likes

I actually have both of these haha. One for home and one I keep at work. Took awhile to get use to the flat design, but now I don't notice it. The best part is there's no click sound :drooling_face:

1 Like

Yeah ahhhh, I was gonna say, exactly how are you supposed to use those? My fingers would be scraping the mouse pad offering me a very unwanted drag coefficient.

As far as bluetooth mice go, I got a Logitech MX Master 3 mouse, and it uses the Logi dongles.

3 Likes

The silver is my 600mm x 300mm x 4mm deskmat I purchased on taobao.com in January for US$30. One side is aluminium and the other side is glued on faux leather.

Side A:

Side B:

The Genius mouse is ok. It's a bit finnicky when the battery is low and wouldn't connect. But, other than that it lasts 5-6 months on two AAs with daily hours use, and is quite responsive. It can connect to two devices.

I use a single bright white 15W LED dish-shaped light purchased on taobao.com

1 Like

Trackball anyone?
In my quest to cope with RSI, I also explored Trackballs (I think they are kind of a endangered spices now a days).

It is the smallest model Kensington offers.
But it was still too large for my small hand :frowning:
I gave it to my husband and he has been using it happily everyday.

2 Likes

I don't like trackballs. Never can get used to it. My bro used one when he used AutoCAD a lot.

I also feel it looks like an alienπŸ‘½ contraption.

3 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

The only and last time I used trackballs, were in trackball mice, that predated optical mice and laser mice. We were always having problems with them in school. The trackballs would always start messing up as the rollers got dust and hair in them. I honestly felt like we were cleaning them as much as we were using them!

When optical mice came out, what a game changer that was, and my first one that I owned was the famous Microsoft Intellimouse. That mouse remained king for many years until Logitech took gaming gear seriously. Logitech was like, oh yeah, hold my beer.

When the laser mice came out like the Logitech MX1000, I really thought they were going to dominate the market, especially with their ability to track on glass. But something happened in the peripheral industry, and laser has fallen out of favor.

When I was doing my research into a new wired mouse to buy, I discovered this, as laser is practically no longer an option now days. But with Logitech's new darkfield sensor, I don't think anyone is going to have much problems tracking on glass.

Cause I sware this Logitech G502 Hero mouse, man, it could track on everything including your ham sandwitch! But yeah, I was all too happy when the trackballs were no longer a thing.

Then like FrenchPress said, then all the sudden trackballs came back, this time to go on TOP of the mouse. Things just keep getting weirder and weirder lol.

2 Likes
2 Likes

HP Omen keyboard

1 Like

Perixx industrial Touchpad (PERIPAD-501 II).
Works OOB in any Linux distro.

Apple Magic Trackpad (Gen 1).

This is how my desk looks like.

Everything sits on glass TV stands placed on a conventional office desk. It has been more than 3 years since I eliminated a chair from my office and work standing. Since then I never suffered the back pain which was a big issue along with RSI when I was working from a chair.

To distribute a strain equally on both hands, I use a button on the Perixx pad instead of pressing a corner of the Apple Trackpad.

Colourful silicon hears are not for decoration but for wrist support - even though they are so cute :blue_heart: :heart:

I have everything in duplicate just in case any one of them fails.
Backup is important :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thats the laungage that my :purple_heart: speaks in, kawaii. So, thats probably why I appreciate all your kawaii things, including the heart shaped palm wrests hehe. :hearts:

1 Like

I am probably not normal! Ha! Ha! I never could understand the desire to have a tilted keyboard. I work best with a keyboard that is flat - never suffered from RSI.
I also think to some extent that when I was at Secondary School (High School) I attended typewriting lessons - and would have got a higher grade in the exam if I had not gone back to correct line spacing error! Hey ho! I think learning to touch type reduces the risk of RSI but I could be wrong. I'm always amazed at my wifes ability to type at RSA III level just using her forefingers for input and thumb for spacebar!

I personally have never suffered from any hand conditions typing on a standard keyboard. But then again, the longest I've typed on a keyboard was maybe 4-hours MAX! I certainly never typed on one all day long all at one time like maybe some office worker might.

That would be me. The only time I took a break working from home 8 til 4.30 was making a drink (now reverted to just H2O - given up tea and coffee now!) morning and afternoon with half an hour for lunch like work. Sometimes would work until 5.30 pm if work was needed urgently.

I have this (K750) keyboard on the oldest rig in the house. When I started work from home I needed a keyboard that had keys (sdf, jkl) that would emulate a Perkins machine - sadly the K750 was not able to do it so I risked it purchasing the Cherry DW 9000 slim which was OK for most manual Braille input but certain Braille letters proved Troublesome which is why it was a good job I had held on to the 'broken' (space bar broke) Trust keyboard which could handle manual Braille input flawlessly:

1 Like

Family members have these Logitech K360s with matching mice:
logitech

Couldn't find matching mouse image for Indigo keyboard!

3 Likes

I love the Oriental flavoured keyboard and mouse design :heavy_heart_exclamation:

I am really glad that I've started this thread :slight_smile:
It is so fascinating to see what others are actually using everyday.

I have a collection of over 2 dozen of mice and trackpad.
(I was desperate to find a solution for RSI.)

I hope I will have a time to take a photo of them when I have a bit more time in a couple of weeks.

1 Like

I am glad that you started this thread too FrenchPress! I too love seeing the hardware that people are using. We most certainly see a variety of different types. Its because each of us have different needs, or, different wants.

I have a few old keyboards from the 90's as well, some MAC and some PC. I am pretty sure I have one of those original IBM keyboards somewhere, but I don't feel like finding it right now lol.

13 posts were merged into an existing topic: Show off your seating!